11

QUINN

I was scrolling around the pack grounds, looking for where Jae had gone.  I was whisked away by my friend Travis and his mate, because they were excited that I had found my mate. It still hadn't fully dawned on me as well that I finally had a mate.

"Hey son. Can I have a word with you?" I nodded at Alpha Kang before excusing myself from Travis who smiled and turned to tend to his mate, Clarissa. Will Jae and I ever be like that?

We walked away from the party until we reached the edge of a forest. He took a deep breath before turning to look at me.

"It's about my son, and before you fret, nothing has happened to him. Jaewoo is my whole world, infact all of my kids are. Among all of them, he is the most sensitive one. I need to know I can trust in taking care of him. To be honest if it was up to me, I would rather he not get a mate and stay at home with me and his mother, but I know he needs you.

So can you please just promise me that you'll take care of him, protect him and be there for him" I turned to look at Alpha Kang but he was looking up at the sky, so I turned to look at the stars as well. Tonight the sky looks so pretty.

"I will sir"

"Thank you"

After that Alpha Kang left and I just stood there, gazing up at the sky. After a while I heard soft footsteps behind me and I didn't even need to turn to know because the scent of pinewood and oranges assaulted my nose every time he got closer. He took a sit close to me and I turned to look at him, noticing the dry tear tracks on his face.

"Want a hug?" He turned to look at me and nodded and I hurriedly brought him into my arms. He clasped his hands around my neck and placed his face in my chest. He is so adorable.

"We'll be okay" I murmured as I rubbed his back. We'll be okay

*This small chapter on Valentine's day. Sorry that it's small, I'm just conflicted on how to continue this book*