10

The room got tense as soon as the words left Alpha Kang. Jae turned to look at his fingers as to distract himself from looking at his father's face and Quinn wanted nothing more than to pull him into his arms.

"Jae I'm so happy for you son." He quickly raised up his head, his shock evident in his face. Quinn was also a bit shocked but he handled it a bit better than his mate.

"Oh pup, did you think I would go against the match Moon Goddess made for you?" Jaewoo kept shaking as he tried to hold in his sobs while nodding his hesitantly. Father Kang hurriedly brought his son to his embrace, trying to calm him down.

"He's a bit of a crybaby so it might be a bit of trouble for you but he's a good kid" Jae hit his father lightly in the chest before chuckling softly. Quinn nodded with a smile as his shoulders sagged with relief.

Everyone waited for Jae to calm down a bit, with his father making some extra jokes at the side.

"Son could you please excuse me, I'd like to talk to Jaewoo for a while" Quinn shot Jaewoo a look and he nodded at him reassuringly and only then did he get up and left to go outside.

"By the way you're looking at me, I'm guessing you already know what I want to talk to you about." Jae nodded and looked at his Dad with a bit of fear. He knew this talk would come but he wouldn't like it so soon.

"Dad I know what you want to talk about and I promise when the time's right, I will tell him but not now. Please." Father Kang sighed a little before placing Jae's hands in his.

"I know you're scared but you need to remember that you can't start a relationship on half truths and secrets. You need to tell him but I'm not pressurizing you at all"

"Just think about it, hm" Jaewoo nodded and Father Kang left after giving him a light kiss on the forehead.

Jaewoo laid back and watched the ceiling, countless thoughts running through his head. After some time had passed, he got up and went outside to attend the party. It was already on full swing and everyone was just drinking and having fun but his father was nowhere to be seen and neither was the Alpha nor Quinn.

'Probably discussing pack matters', he thought so he just strolled around and found himself where he was first. The clearing Quinn found him at.

(I'm thinking of making Quinn toxic) :)