8

QUINN

I could feel his sweaty palms as we got closer to the large house. Every time we took a step forward, I could feel his breath getting shallower until I decided that he couldn't do this.

"Do you want to get some food at the local diner with me before we head home?" His eyes revealed faint relief at my suggestion and he nodded at me.

We arrived at Rita's diner and most people weren't present because the Alpha was welcoming my little mate's dad and there would be a banquet so everyone was preparing for it. I led my little mate to the chair then walked behind the counter to get the menu.

"Do you work here?" His little voice mumbled as he looked up at me. His big brown eyes looked at me and I found myself drawn to them. He had the prettiest eyes I've ever seen.

"No but I once worked here when I was still in high school so I still remember where a few things are." He nodded and turned to look at his menu. I already knew every dish in this place by heart so while he looked at the menu, I looked at him.

How can a person be this beautiful and handsome at the same time. He must have a lot of suitors that are chasing after him. Would he accept me with this age difference that we have. I have waited for him for so many years and I won't let him get away from me that easily.

"Have you guys decided on ordering yet?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Rita's daughter Steph, walking up to us. I turned to my mate and he nodded and placed the menu down.

"Can I get scrambled eggs with bacon and tomatoes and a cup of black coffee." How adorable and well mannered. We sat together and had breakfast and I also got to know a lot more about him. He has just finished high school so our age difference is a bit large. He also told me that he had two younger siblings and an older Alpha sister.

He put down his cup down and turned his head to me but his eyes were being evasive. He took a deep breath before turning his eyes to me.

"Are you going to reject me?" What?! What even led to him thinking that I would reject him.

"Baby what even led to you thinking that I'd reject you. I have waited for you for 12 years and I'm not going to let go of you, our ages be damned. I love you and I will constantly prove that I love you and remove any thought of you thinking I'll reject you. You hear me?" He nodded with tears in his eyes and I hurriedly brought him in my arms.

"Please don't leave me and I may make mistakes but please don't reject me" He whispered as he sobbed and my heart hurt so much that it felt like someone was holding it tightly in their fist.

I'll make him happy till my last breath leaves my body. This I promise by the Moon Goddess.

(I'm in a happy mood so I'm giving you guys another update)