5

As we were nearing the pack, my heart felt very heavy and my stomach felt hot. I really don't understand why I'm this nervous. It's not like this is my first time leaving our pack and going to aid another.

"Jaewoo, are you sure you're feeling okay?" No of course I'm not. Do I look okay to you?

"Yeah I'm okay!" My voice squeaked at the end, which made me cringe a lot. My insides were all mush when we entered the territory that had a huge boulder written 'A HUGE WELCOME TO TORRANCE'. To be quite frank I didn't feel that welcome but rather intimidated.

"How long until we arrive?" I asked while looking outside, trying to mask the fear I felt. It's like every mile we came closer, my chest also was closing up.

"20 minutes. Be ready" I nodded and continued looking at the crowd of people that were following our car. Soon enough we were outside the pack house and Dad got ready to get out. I took off my seatbelt and followed his lead, even though I highly wished I could stay in the car.

Dad was out greeting a couple that had come with their child, which I'm guessing is the Alpha and Luna of this pack with their child. I was already out of the car when I was assualted by the most delectable scent ever. Blackberry clove.

I turned around, trying to locate the owner of the scent when I was met with a man of pure muscle whose eyes were locked on to mine. My wolf let out a loud whimper and was busy purring in the back of my mind. I couldn't even concentrate due to the visuals Sandy was giving me of our mate railing me into tomorrow.

"Mate" I mumbled out loud and almost died of embarassment when I realised that almost everyone that was there had heard me.

I did what I thought was best for me at the time. I ran away.

QUINN

Alpha Jackson had commanded that I oversee all of the preparations for the Alpha that was coming so that was I busy doing. The whole backyard and pack was hands on deck for this project and there wasn't much for me to actually do as everyone was working diligently.

"Beta I'm gonna need you at the front. Leave everything with Gamma Tammy." Alpha said over the link and I placed the clipboard and nodded at her before leaving. I could feel the sweat running down my face and I really needed a shower but duty calls.

As I kept walking towards the pack house, the scent of pinewood and oranges became distinctive. I hurried my steps, trying to get closer to the intoxicating scent. I could also feel Azakiel scratching in my head while trying to get out.

"Hurry it's mate. Don't keep mate waiting!!" Argued the wolf and I, like him, started getting very impatient. After very long seconds which felt like hours, I arrived at the entrance and it felt I could just float away. He was so beautiful.

Before I could go ahead and introduce myself, my lovely mate took off running. Did he not want me?