Doubt

Knuckles stares at the pan as it sizzles a piece pork deep in thought. "Why am I doubting my relationship suddenly? I truly love shadow that's no doubt but why am I thinking about Espio.... Was it because he thought I was in danger? Ugh why am I getting so fucking confused!" He thought more and knuckles gets a flashback to his relationship with espio. The first few months were happy and nice but as their one year anniversary came up Espio completely forgot and went out with his other friends. He would spoil Knuckles in public but at home he completely ignored him. Knuckles started talking about marriage but Espio was brushing it off. Knuckles would find himself sleeping alone at night. He didn't realize it but he was getting unhappy in the relationship with espio. With shadow it's different. Sure he's a demon but he treats knuckles extremely well in public and at home. Shadow has given him a feeling of security and understanding. He holds him as the both sleep making Knuckles feel safe. When knuckles was sick during the two months Shadow took care of him before going to work and called to check up on him. They talk out what's on their minds when something is bothering them. Hell knuckles enjoys Shadow wrapping his arms around him when he cooks and steal a kiss on his cheek. Shadow is everything espio wasn't and the more knuckles thought about it the more the doubt went away and he smiles thinking only about his love for shadow. He ring sparkles but then he snaps out of his thoughts and sees the meat is burning. "OH SHIT!" Knuckles takes the pan off and grabs the fire extinguisher taking out the fire. "Oh god shadow gonna kill me seeing this pan burnt...." Knuckles said to himself as he open up the windows to let out any smoke. "Hey knuckles I'm ho— what happened are you ok?" He said walking up to knuckles. "I'm sorry I burnt dinner and your nice pan...." Knuckles looks down but felt shadow lift his chin. "It's ok the pan can be replaced but you can't. Now how about we order in and have a nice night cuddling watching that movie on HBO max that you been waiting for." Shadow smiled and knuckles looks in his eyes seeing genuine love and happiness. He smiles nodding and gets up holding shadows hand as the walk to the living room. Shadow orders the food and knuckles cuddles up next to him turning the tv on. He feels happy and that doubt fades away completely. "By the way black and red go together better than red and purple with the beautiful exception of you and your stunning eyes of course~" shadow said knowing knuckles had some doubt and laughs. "That was the most corniest thing that I have ever heard" knuckles replied laughing harder. "Yeah it was" shadow agreed and they continued to laugh. Knuckles sits up and turns to face shadow. "What is it?" He asked. "I'm sorry...." "Knuckles" shadow smiled and caressed his cheek. "I understand you been in a long term relationship with Espio and him doing what he did confused you for a bit. But I can see in your eyes the love you have for him is gone. That spark of love in your eyes only shine when we look at each other. You love me with your whole heart and mind right?" Shadow asked. "Yes shadow I love you so much" knuckles replied and kisses shadow. "I love you so much knux" shadow replied and kisses knuckles deeply and his hand glides down the arch of his back and to his ass squeezing it. A moan slips through knuckles lips breaking the kiss for a moment before continuing. They finally stop when the security called them letting them know the food arrived.

"Let's continue after we eat love"