Chapter 1: Prologue

(Third PoV)

Y/n was seen running through a forest as the sound of footsteps along with the screams of anger followed him. He couldn't see very well as his eyes were wet with tears that continuously streamed down his cheeks.

However, his expression brightened at the sight of light at the end of forest path.
But, sadly fate wasn't so merciful as a sharp pain shot up his right leg, making him fall to the ground.

He clutched his leg in pain as he barely manages to keep his eyes open. He was greeted by the sight of faces filled with pure rage with not a speckle of pity for the poor boy.

They were the men of his village who held nothing but hatred for him. They were armed with burning torches and pitchforks.

Y/n was about to say something when he suddenly felt a great pressure on his wounded leg. He glanced painfully at the reason of this new pain and found a massive boot crushing his small leg.

His eyes trailed up from the boot to the burly chest and finally he came to face to face with a bronze face. The face that could give children nightmares just from a glance, with a scar travelling down the side of a blind eye, yellowish teeth that would make the beasts of the forest ashamed and not to mention the bald head covered with more scars than hair. This was the Chief of his village, Alhadras.

Alhadras: Well, well, well.... Look what the cat dragged in. How's your little escape going Y/n? Do you require some help?  

Alhadras questioned Y/n in an innocent tone as he removed his foot from Y/n's leg. Only to stomp it back down with an even greater force. The villagers hollered in glee at the sight of the boy getting tortured.

Alhadras: I don't think so you little piece of shit! You think you can just run away after depriving us our homes, using that accursed magic to pray to the devil himself! You are definitely your father's son, and you will receive the same punishment as that scum. Be delighted Y/n L/n, for your sins are about to be purged along with that accursed soul of yours. 

Alhadras grabbed a torch from a nearby villager before he grabbed Y/n by his hair and lifted him up. Y/n on the other hand, just stared at the burning flames of the torch. 

He saw the flames wiggle left to right, swirl around the center, rise high in the air only to immediately fall back down. It was a beautiful dance that mesmerized the boy, making him wish that the flaming dance would continue forever, so that he could go to the afterlife with at least one happy memory. 

Unbeknownst to Y/n, his eyes turned crimson as the flames started to expand. Alhadras was about burn Y/n when suddenly the flames of the torch exploded causing Alhadras to drop Y/n as his hand was caught on fire. The villagers stumbled back in fear as the flames encircled Y/n. The flames played with the boy as the tickled his chest and messed with his hair like living tamed dog. Y/n swayed from side to side as his body was exhausted from all the running.

Alhadras stepped forward with a look pure rage as he clutched his burnt arm tightly. 

Alhadras: What hell are you all doing! Kill him before that accursed brat summons the devil.

Though the villager s were scared, they obeyed the chief's orders and charged at Y/n. Y/n didn't pay attention to them as he continued to stare at the flickering flame dancing on the torch. The flames that circled around Y/n gained a menacing reddish hue before they lunged and villagers as the world around Y/n burned to nothingness.