Chapter 9: The Dragon and The Monster

(Third PoV)

Y/n stood with his hands crossed over his head while Laxus was cracking his fists in anticipation.

Laxus: Any last words....?

Y/n: None that I need to waste on the likes of you.

Laxus seemed to get even more aroused by Y/n's words. He is barely able to contain all the excitement at the prospect of fightning Y/n in a serious duel.

Y/n, noticing the Dragon slayer's behaviour, could not help but sigh in exasperation.

Y/n: 'This damn masochist! To think he would find pleasure even when I am insulting him'.

Y/n really needed to educate Laxus on morals and ethics once again.

Laxus is unable to remain patient any longer, charged at Y/n with an inhuman speed.

Lightning Dragon's Breakdown Fist!!!

Laxus let his fist sail through the air. Wrapped in a coat of lightning, the attack was enough to knock any normal wizard out cold.

Unfortunately for Laxus, Y/n was no mundane magic-user of Magnolia.

Y/n's hand started glowing with a bright flash. Pale-white light engulfed his arm as pure, raw power radiated from his skin.

*Smash*

Laxus felt his eyes widen in shock as Y/n sinply caught his attack without even breaking a sweat.

Laxus: H-how?!

Laxus didn't get a chance to ask anymore questions as Y/n spun around and delivered a deadly kick to the Dragon Slayer's abdomen.

Laxus spat out blood as he crashed a few metres away from Y/n. However, Y/n wasn't finished as he quickly closed in the distance before delivering a barrage of fists at Laxus.

The Dragon Slayer hollered in pain. Every time Y/n's glowing fist collided with his body, he felt an unusual amount of pain being inflicted on his very soul.

Y/n didn't appear to be willing enough to halt his actions anytime soon. Laxus bit his lip in an attempt to regain his senses.

The Dragon Slayer instantly flew away using his Lightning Body. He reappeared at a considerable dustance away from Y/n.

Y/n slowly turned to glare coldly at Laxus. He did feel a little bit of pity at the Lightning wizard's condition.

Laxus had multiple bruises, from Y/n's last attack, across his entire body. His lips were bleeding heavily from his earlier attempt to escape. Not to mention, the tired look in eyes would make the dead turn their face away in shame.

Y/n and Laxus both knew that the Dragon Slayer was going to collapse from exhaustion sooner rather than later.

It would appear that even after his fight with Mystogan, Laxus still had the nerve to challenge Y/n to a battle.

Y/n was little proud of the Dragon Slayer's tenacity. After all, it was one of the few plus points his friend had.

However, Y/n's expression instantly hardened. This was not the time to reminisce about the day of old. This was the fight, and one which Y/n couldn't afford to lose.

Y/n: Give it up Laxus! You can't defeat me.

Laxus had a dark look on his face, his spiky hair had fallen down, making a curtain in front of his eyes.

Y/n sighed in relief. It would seem like that the Lightning wizard's will to fight had finally faded away. Or so he thought.....

*Pfft*