Chapter 6: Meeting Lucy

Y/n was enjoying cup of coffee in a restaurant of Hargeon when a stranger along with two familiar figures entered through the door. He quirked at eyebrow at the familiar figures.

The first one was a lean, muscular young man of average height with a slightly tan skin tone, black eyes, spiky, pink-colored hair. His face was broken in a wide grin which showed his abnormally sharp canines. 

He wore a sleeveless, gold trimmed, black waistcoat, often left open and untucked, exposing his bare chest, a gold trimmed, black cloth around his waist that reaches his knees, held by a leather brown belt with an oval-shaped silver buckle, white knee-length trousers with black ribbon ties, a thick black wristband on his left wrist, black open-toed sandals and a white scale-patterned scarf.

This man was Natsu Dragneel, a member of Fairy Tail. On his shoulders, was a blue cat we were all familiar with in our guild. Happy.

 Happy

Other than them was a girl with brown eyes and shoulder-length blonde hair that was tied by a blue ribbon in a small ponytail to the right side of her head with the rest of the hair loose. She had buxom and with a curvaceous body which would make any girl her age envious. 

she wore a white sleeveless shirt with blue outlines, a blue short skirt and knee-high leather boots.

She had a leather belt around her waist which had hunter tied to it along with metal keys. Y/n's eyes narrowed for a brief moment before widening in realization. Those keys were not just any metal keys. They were Gate Keys. These special magical instruments were utilized by specific types of wizards known as Celestial Wizards. Celestial wizards use these keys to form contract with spiritual beings from another parallel world. These beings are known as Celestial Spirits.

However, Y/n was truly astounded by the gold key hanging on her waist amidst the silver keys. That particular key was famous among all celestial wizards as they were only twelve gold keys in the entire world. Yes, that key on the girl's waist is called a Zodiac Key. They were used to summon the highest-grade Celestial spirits in our world.

Y/n snapped out of his thoughts when Natsu and Happy lowered their heads against the grounds and thanked the blonde girl for treating them to a meal. Y/n could only sigh in exasperation at their antics. He paid the price for his coffee before approaching the duo. 

Y/n: Hello there Natsu.

Natsu: Huh? Who--- Y/n?! 

Natsu turned his head lazily to the person behind him before getting startled by the appearance of Y/n. Y/n just rolled his eyes at his reaction.

Natsu: What are you doing here? I thought you were on a mission. 

Y/n: I just finished it a few hours ago. Seeing that I had a bit of spare time, I decided to take a break and enjoy the coffee of Hargeon since I had heard it was pretty famous around these parts.

Natsu nodded before his face morphed into familiar expression which I was pretty used to seeing. It was the face of a man who wanted nothing more than to battle the individual in front of him. Unfortunately for Y/n, he was the said person. 

Natsu: Good! Then let's battle to celebrate your return!!!

Natsu shouted before he lunged at Y/n. His fists were set aflame by his magic as the ear-deafening sound of his battle cry reverberated throughout the restaurant. Y/n didn't budge from his spot as he raised his hand in the air before bringing it down in a vertical chop which hit Natsu straight in the head.

Natsu didn't even had time to scream as he crashed on the wooden floor, face-first, and fell unconscious.

Happy: Natsu!!!

Happy rushed to Natsu with a horrified expression on his face as the small blue cat tried to wake him up.

Y/n: How many times do I have to tell you to not cause trouble for others? 

Y/n huffed before leaving the restaurant.

(Time Skip)

Y/n was reading a novel on the shores of Hargeon when suddenly, a sound of a large explosion reached his ears. He sighed. He knew Fairy Tail's reputation of being the biggest collateral damagers was about to be witnessed by the people of Hargeon.

Y/n took to the air to get an eagle eye view of the predicament. He looked around before his eyes fell on a ship from which smoke was coming out. He flew closer and found Natsu trying to struggle out of the grips of people holding him down. On the other hand, Happy and the blonde girl from the restaurant were conversing with what appeared to be a woman with a fish tail instead of legs. Y/n was certain that she was celestial spirit summoned by the blonde girl.

The woman seemed to have gotten annoyed as he spun the flask she was holding around like a madman. Water shot out of the flask, creating a huge tidal wave which rose to the heavens itself. The wave swept everything away including the blonde girl who was her contractor.

Y/n: Sheesh, talk about being in your rebellious phase.

Y/n mumbled to himself before raising his hand in front of him. His eyes changed to an ocean blue color as he focused. The dripping sound of a water droplet echoed in his ears before his magic shot out of his palm and merged with the water. He slowly lowered his arm and as if the wave had a consciousness of its own, it began calming down. The terrified blonde girl and Happy crashed onto the sandy shore, but not with as much injurious force as it could have before.

The celestial spirit was shocked by the unforeseen event of her wave disobeying her will. She looked around for the culprit before her yes shot up to Y/n who gently levitated down from the sky.  

Celestial spirit: Bastard! Are you the one who took control of my wave?

She shouted at Y/n but couldn't hide shade of pink dusting her cheeks. She had never seen such a beautiful person before in her entire life as a Celestial spirit. 

The blonde girl also had a similar reaction except her cheeks were redder than her Celestial spirit. They were interrupted by Happy who jumped on Y/n's shoulder and rubbed his cheeks against Y/n's neck.

Happy: Y/n! Thanks for saving us from turning into fish food!

The blonde girl felt a little familiarity towards Y/n's name but couldn't place the pieces together.

Y/n: It's okay Happy. I was just passing by and decided to help. Now, stay with this girl and keep an eye on Natsu and make sure he doesn't cause too much damage to the surrounding properties. 

Happy: Aye Sir!

Happy jumped down from Y/n's shoulder as he prepared to leave. 

Blonde girl: Wait a minute?!

Y/n looked at stumped duo who just stared back at him in confusion. Y/n chuckled.

Y/n: Don't worry, from where you are going, we are bound to meet again in the future.

Y/n said before flying off leaving the duo even more confused. The last thing he heard was the sound of another explosion caused by a familiar magic essence of flames. Y/n sighed tiredly.

Y/n: When will my guildmates learn even a bit of control......