Chapter 11: Some Hellos and Some Goodbyes

Laxus was sweating bullets at the sight of the colossal creature in front of him. Y/n had pulled off yet another one of his ludicrously, dangerous shenanigans. And this time, his partner-in-crime was not even human being. It was a gigantic beast of enormous proportions which appeared pretty hungry to the Dragon Slayer. 

Y/n: What's the matter Laxus? I have never heard of a cat getting a dragon's tongue before. Why aren't you tossing insults like you were doing before? You sure seemed to be enjoying it when you thought that you had the upper hand.

The God Arsenal questioned innocently in a childish voice. He was perched atop the beast's head, sitting with one leg crossed over the other, the young man tilted his head in mock confusion as he looked down at the bound figure of the Lightning Dragon below him.

Laxus could only grit his teeth in anger at Y/n's verbal jabs. He knew that Y/n was well aware of the reasons for his inactions. He knew that Y/n was just trying to milk some satisfaction from the unfavorable position, he had forced Laxus into. 

The God Arsenal flashed Laxus an amused smile. He had finally thwarted the Dragon Slayer's hope of victory. Y/n was certain that Laxus couldn't turn the tables on him unless he manages to pull out another ace in the hole. And unfortunately for Laxus, Dragonification was the only ace he held for this battle.

Y/n rested one hand on the beast's silky fur and gently caressed it.

Y/n: Let's finish this now, shall we?

The beast roared in agreement. The numerous pair of eyes were now trained on the chained Dragon Slayer. The wide jaw sprung open as crimson particles of magic energy gathered between the teeth. Y/n's body was also enveloped in pale white aura as he slowly charged a blast of his own.

Y/n: It's over....

In a brilliant flash of light, Laxus was engulfed by a wall of concentrated magical energy. The Dragon Slayer could only holler in pain as the light seared through his dragon form before falling lifelessly to the ground. Thankfully, he had only lost consciousness and nothing more major than that.

Y/n breathed a sigh of relief. He took a moment to stretch his stiff muscles and pat his beast on the head before releasing it from the summoning. The beast dispersed into a cloud of black smoke and slithered into Y/n's shadow. Y/n turned to look at the unconscious form of Laxus and massaged his temples. It was going to be quite a pain to carry a man, this big, back home.

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n managed to carry Laxus back to the guild somehow and dumped him on the infirmary bed. At this time, all the guild members had recovered from their electrocuted state. Y/n sat down on the bar stool waited for everyone to comeback.

After a while, the guild doors opened and the members of Fairy Tail flooded the guild. All of them wore an expression filled with anxiety as their eyes drifted wearily from one side to another. Obviously, they were worried about a certain Lightning Dragon Salyer jumping out of the shadows.

However, all their worries vanished as their collective gazes fell on Y/n, who was whistling a melodious tune while reading a book about of different types of plants. 

???: So, judging from the fact that half the town was levelled by destructive ray of doom, it looks like you gave Laxus a pounding of lifetime, didn't you?

A young man pushed his way in front of the crowd and approached the God Arsenal with solemn look on his face. The man had spiky, charcoal hair which framed the sides of his face, a pair of dark blue orbs embedded in his eye sockets. He didn't wear a shirt or any clothing on his upper torso for the matter, showing off his well-toned abs and battle scars without any hindrance. His member stamp was below his collarbone on his right pectoral muscle and was dark blue in color. A cross shaped necklace hung around his neck with a metal armband on his right forearm. Thankfully, the man had the decency to put some pants on, along with boots.