Chapter 2: Welcome to Fairy Tail

Y/n and Makarov walked through the beautiful city of Magnolia. Makarov showed Y/n different places and introduced him to various people who didn't have bat intentions for him for the first time. He felt like a little kid again as he rushed from one shop to another with his curiosity reaching beyond measure. 

Makarov just chuckled and followed the energetic Y/n with a smile on his face. Y/n reminded him of his grandson Laxus. He shook his head before calling out to Y/n

Makarov: Y/n! Let's go to the guild now.

Y/n: Yes!

Y/n rushed back to Makarov's side before they made their way back to the guild. 

Y/n's eyes widened in shock as he stared at the big guild hall in front of him

Y/n's eyes widened in shock as he stared at the big guild hall in front of him. He hadn't seen such a building this big in his whole life. Makarov opened the guild doors as he and Y/n made their way inside.

The inside was similar to a large lunch hall, and mainly consisted of wood, possessing a floor and a mezzanine held up by wood beams overlooking it. Several long benches with related tables stretched across its length with a bar at the end. The tables were occupied by people who happily chatted while drinking from their glasses of alcohol.

However, all chatter died down when Y/n and Makarov entered the guild hall. Everybody turned their gazes to the duo. Y/n started becoming anxious from the sudden attention. he was about flee from the guild hall when he felt a tug on his right hand. He turned to see Makarov giving him a reassuring smile which did help Y/n calm down a little. 

 Suddenly, Makarov leaped high in the air and landed on the railing of the guild's second floor. Makarov then turned his attention to the rest of the guild with a stern look plastered on his face.

Makarov: Listen up you brats! I have received a warning from the Wizard Council for the several complains fired against us in response to the heavy collateral damage you idiots caused during your quests!

The atmosphere of the guild became tense as everybody stared at their feet dejectedly.

Makarov: And to answer the complains about us, I say...... Screw them all! We are Fairy Tail, a top guild renowned for our ability to embark on life threatening missions and even more for capability to cause inessential and absolutely avoidable damage to property!

The entire guild's expression brightened as they cheered for their master. Y/n on the other hand, stood to the side and watched their happy expression with a smile on his face. 

Makarov: I also have another good news. Today we have a new guild member. Every one of you welcome Y/n L/n!

Makarov pointed at Y/n as the entire guild cheered for their new member.

???: Welcome to Fairy Tail Y/n.

???: Hope you like it in here.

???: Hey man, what kind of magic do you use?

Y/n was bombarded with questions as the guild member surrounded him. He felt something inside his heart that he hadn't felt in his entire life. 'The feeling of being accepted.'

(Time skip)

Y/n had gotten familiar with the guild in only a few hours of being there. The people were very friendly and didn't bear any hatred for the young boy whatsoever. He was now walking around the guild, gazing at the beautiful interior design of the hall when he saw a boy around his age, talking to Makarov.

 He was now walking around the guild, gazing at the beautiful interior design of the hall when he saw a boy around his age, talking to Makarov

The boy had spikey blonde hair with bluish gray eyes. He wore a black sleeveless jacket over a white t-shirt and baggy brown pants with read sneakers.
He also had a pair of black headphones around his heads.

Makarov's attention snapped to Y/n as he smiled.

Makarov: Y/n! Good timing, come here and meet my grandson Laxus.

Y/n came closer as the spikey haired boy turned to him. 

Laxus: Hey! I am Laxus Dreyar. Nice to meet you. I use Lighting Magic.

Y/n: Hello, I am Y/n L/n. It is a pleasure to meet you. My magic is well uh.....

It suddenly dawned on Y/n what his magic was actually to begin with? He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when he remembered a memory of the past.

(Flashback)

A 5 year-old Y/n was going down a hill along with his father.

Y/n: Come on dad! We have to move faster or we won't be able to reach the meadows before sundown.

Y/n's Dad: Don't worry Y/n, we have got plenty of time on our hands.

Y/n: Well, If you don't want to get lost you better not lose me. See ya!

Y/n started rushing down but tripped himself mid run, causing him to fall face- first to the ground. Y/n immediately started crying

Y/n's dad: Y/n!!!

He rushed to Y/n's side before crouching down and patted his back gently.

Y/n's dad: It's okay kiddo, dad's here with you.

Y/n: Why does nature hate me so much dad?

Y/n sniffed as he tears continued to stream down his cheeks.

Y/n's dad: No, no kiddo, it is quite the opposite. You see nature loves you.

Y/n gave his dad an incredulous look, to which he only chuckled and pointed at his foot.

Y/n look down at his foot which was bruised from the fall and found ants crawling on it. He shrieked in disgust before he tried to dust them off but, his father held his hand and stopped him from doing so.

Y/n closed his eyes and anxiously waited for the ants to start biting him.

Y/n's dad: No need to be afraid kiddo. Open your eyes and look.

Y/n slowly opened his eyes and looked back. What he saw left him shell shocked. The ants weren't biting him instead,they were helping him actually.

Y/n saw the ants binding leaves of plants on his wounds, using the leaves as some sort of a natural bandage.

Y/n's Dad: You see what I mean kiddo. Don't fear nature because it loves you and would do anything for you.

The memory faded with a last glimpse of him dad's smile.

(Flashback)

Y/n's eyes widened in realisation as he looked back at the Dreyars.

Y/n: I use Nature Magic.

Laxus: That's pretty cool man.

Laxus smiled at Y/n before extending his hand.

Y/n took his hand and shook it.

Unbeknownst to Y/n, this simple handshake was an omen for a long lasting bond of friendship.