Chapter 10: The Dragon Of Thunder

Y/n was frozen solid at the sight of his friend's new appearance. He had no idea that Laxus still had a trick up his sleeve.

The Dragon Slayer laughed boisterously at the sight of Y/n's gawking form.

Laxus: Surprised? You didn't actually think I would pick a fight with you, knowing that I would be defeated, did you?

The Lightning Dragon form of Laxus sneered. He arched his back as lightning crackled across his spinal cord.

Y/n unconsciously distanced himself from the supercharged reptile. He knew each of those bolts was capable of frying him like a sausage. Even a bit of carelessness would mark the end of the God Arsenal.

Laxus arched an electrified eyebrow at Y/n. A smug look painted his draconic features as looked down upon the tiny man in front of him with an air of haughtiness around him.

Laxus: What's the matter Y/n? Are you perhaps frightened by my new form? Don't worry, I will be sure give you a swift end.

Y/n clenched his fists in anger. It was true that he was scared but hearing it from the Dragon Slayer's mouth didn't make him feel any better.

Laxus: Oh right! I never told you what the name of this particular magic art was, did I?

The Dragon Slayer observed his claws in a casual manner before turning back to the God Arsenal.

Laxus: This is one of the strongest forms of magic belonging to the Dragon Slayers. I suppose you can call it--- 'Dragon Slayer Ultimate Arts: Dragonification'.

Upon hearing the name of the magic art, Y/n's eyes turned into giant saucers. If what Laxus had said was true, then he had truly reached a level of power that his fellow Dragon Slayers could only dream about.

Y/n shifted his gaze to the prowling form of the Lightning Dragon in front of him. There was no doubt about it. Laxus has somehow managed to acquire the knowledge of the ancients. His dragon form was the proof of it.

Laxus: I think you should quit that bad habit of yours. You know the one where you drop your guard just for deep contemplation.

Y/n's instincts kicked in as he jumped out of the way in order to dodge a massive tail that missed by a hair's breadth. He rolled back a few feet away from the Dragon Slayer, who had now dawned on a battle stance.

Laxus: Just so you don't die to quickly.....

Bloodlust rolled off Laxus in waves as he charged at Y/n. The Lightning Dragon's assault left deep craters imprinted on the
streets of Magnolia.

Y/n knew that fighting Laxus head on would be a suicidal attempt. For now he can only bid for time until he can formulate a plan to deal with Laxus. Y/n could only grit his teeth in frustration at his own helplessness.

Y/n immediately flew up in the air to avoid the Dragon Slayer's headlong rush, making the Lightning Wizard crash into a nearby house which instantly collapsed on him, burying his reptilian body alive.

Y/n capitalised on the golden opportunity by stretching out his right arm in front of him. A sphere of bright green light shimmered into existence between his palm. A similar glow encircled the buried form of Laxus. Y/n smirked before crushing the sphere with his hand.

A tense silence fell over the vicinity, broken only by a small cracking sound. Laxus managed to hear the sound from underneath his concrete grave, thanks to his amplified sense of hearing.

The Dragon Slayer felt a click in his mind as he registered Y/n's actions. A muffled scream escaped his lips as the land under him gave away.

Y/n had used his Earth Magic to open a crater underneath Laxus, sending the Dragon Slayer spiraling down into what appeared to be a bottomless pit.