Chapter 8: A Fruitful Bond

(Third PoV)

Laxus was sat upon the wooden stairs of Kardia cathedral with his eyes closed, when suddenly the enchantments made by Freed started rearranging themselves

Laxus slowly opened his eyes and saw the words he had been waiting to hear since the start of this mayhem.

Y/n L/n has entered the battle....

Remaining participants: 4.....

The grin on the lightning dragon slayer's face was downright bonechilling.

Laxus: Finally... The true Battle of Fairy Tail has begun!!!
___________________________________________

Y/n rushed through the streets of Magnolia before finally arriving at his destination. In front of him stood the massive stone structure, once it used to provide shelter to the helpless and now, it serves nothing more than a temporary residence for the source of all the current chaos.

Y/n was about to enter, when he suddenly felt a familiar magic coming from behind him. He smiled before slowly turning around to greet the person.

The man wore a dark blue bandana with a silver forehead protector, and a green mask that obscured the bottom half of his face

The man wore a dark blue bandana with a silver forehead protector, and a green mask that obscured the bottom half of his face. He had bandages wrapped around all his four limbs and a dark blue cloak to hide his torso.

His attire made it rather difficult to percieve his gender, albeit for the pair of brown eyes which emanated qith magic power. Thankfully, Y/n was one of the only mages who had the luck of seeing the face behind the mask.

Y/n: It's been a while, hasn't it...Mystogan.

The said man just nodded his head in response. Mystogan was a man of few words. He didn't talk to anyone in the guild and was usually by himself most of the time.

However, that wasn't the case with Y/n as the God's Arsenal had extended a helping hand to Mystogan when he was new in the guild.

Mystogan didn't say it, but he had deep respect for Y/n and felt a sense of loyalty to him.

Y/n was about to ask Mystogan a few more questions. Sadly, it was interrupted by an irritatingly, loud voice.

???: How long are you two going to stand their chit-chatting! I am getting bored over here.