Chapter 1: A New Beginning

Y/n was sitting in a cafe, drinking orange juice when suddenly three mean looking men approached him.

???: Hey kid! Why is a little boy like you here all alone? Where are your parents.

He looked at the trio in front of him. They wore nothing but vests with matching brown full pants. The one talking to Y/n was the meanest looking man among the trio.

He had a bronze face with matted black hair and brown eyes. The man had a long scar running down his lip. He had a more stockier build than the other two men.

As for the other men they were what one would call generic lackeys. Y/n thinking he was being a little too rude, left their appearance of the two men to imagination.

???: Oi! I am talking to you brat!

Y/n snapped out of his thoughts and refocused his attention back to the trio.
Unfortunately, his zoning out had earned him the ire of the trio.

Y/n: I am sorry for spacing out.

He gave the men a full 90° bow before he started packing his stuff up to leave. While Y/n was busy packing, The man's eye fell on a golden locket hanging around Y/n's neck.

???: Oi kid, what's that you got around your neck?

The man pointed at Y/n's neck.

Y/n: Oh this, it's my father's last gift to me before he left this world.

Y/n clutched his locket as his eyes glazed over with tears. However, the man was more interested in the golden locket authenticity and its price in the market rather than the memories it held for the little boy.

???: Well kid, you were inexplicably rude for ignoring me so you better compensate me.

The man gave Y/n a wicked grin before pointing at the locket around Y/n's neck.

Y/n: No! I am sorry but this is too precious for me to give away. You can take anything else but this.

Y/n clutched his locket fearfully. The man's grin turned upside down before he grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt and lifted him up.

???: What did you just say? You ungrateful brat!

The man pulled his fist back and was about to punch Y/n when suddenly a huge had appeared out of nowhere and smashed the mean man into the wall of the cafe.

???: What the hell do you think you are doing? Trying to swindle the young and now going as far as to hurt him. I, Makarov Dreyar, will not just sit back and watch you thieves do as you please!

Y/n turned and saw an extremely short, elderly man with black eyes and a growing bald head with only the outer rim of his head containing white hair. He also had a thick white mustache.

The man was dressed casually with his attire consisting of white shirt with a strange black symbol on the chest area under an orange hoodie. He wore matching orange shorts with an orange and blue striped jester hat on top his head.

 He wore matching orange shorts with an orange and blue striped jester hat on top his head