Chapter 5: My True Strength

Four months have passed since Y/n's battle against the Guardian Beast. He was a little miffed because his pay was directly cut in half. The reason for it was that the ancient tome he found in the ruined temple had lost all its contents. The book had nothing but blank pages.

Y/n: Well... in hindsight, it was kind of my fault since the only living being at the ruins was him, not counting the beast who was killed by me.

Y/n sighed. On the bright side, he managed to gain a Divine level Artifact along with profusely increased magic proficiency. He unconsciously glanced at his locket as a name surfaced his thoughts.

Enkidu......

Chains of Heaven.......

Y/n shook his head as he continued his journey to Odessia. It was a town famous for its crafts. Y/n was ecstatic to explore the place. He had always wanted to go there but never had the time. Before he knew it, he had reached Odessia

Y/n was mesmerized by the town's architecture, it would seem that the town itself is a famous craft of its own

Y/n was mesmerized by the town's architecture, it would seem that the town itself is a famous craft of its own. Y/n pumped his fist in excitement before running of to begin his shopping spree.

(Time Skip)

 Y/n was almost done with his shopping before he heard an explosion went off in the middle of the street. Y/n's head snapped in the direction of the explosion and found three familiar figures in black vest.

Y/n's eyes twitched a little at the sight of the three thugs who had tried robbing him of his belongings. He really thought they had amended their ways after the overwhelming display of power Makarov showed them. 

Y/n then immediately frowned at the sight of magic circles hovering over their hands. They didn't use any magic during their last encounter, and he was dead sure that there wasn't any innate magical energy emitting from their souls. 

After all, he would have found out during their last encounter with his keen Magic Sense.

Y/n snapped out of his thoughts when the bald leader of trio stepped forward and shouted.

Leader of the Thugs: Listen up you bastards! I am Victor, a member of the Dark Guild known as Terror Call. Me and my men have effectively taken over this city, so all you losers need to do is follow our commands like an obedient dog or else.................

Victor raised him palm as a magic circle appeared.

Blast Magic: Explosion!!!

Pale-white magic shot out of the magic circle before hitting a nearby clothing store. 

*Boom*

The explosion obliterated the entire store, leaving only burning debris as it's remains. The explosion was so strong that it even set the nearby shops on fire. The people screamed as they fled in fear. However, the trio had other plans in mind as Victor's two lackeys jumped up high in the air and activated their respective magic.