Chapter 3: A Day Off

A few years have passed since Y/n joined the guild. He had worked hard to get proficient at his magic. He wanted to get even better at it but Makarov told him that there are limits to what one can do at such a you age and trying to surpass them may cause magic to have a rebound on the user, dealing permanent damage to the wizard's body.

Y/n had pouted at Makarov's words. He wasn't that young, he was nearly 13 but, he listened to Makarov's words nonetheless and decide to take a day off from work.

He decided to explore Magnolia a little more as he had alot of time in hands today. He was walking through the city's streets when his eyes caught sight of something interesting.

It was the window display of a clothing store. Y/n made his way to the store to get a closer look. His eyes widened in awe at the sight of the beautiful outfits put on view. He loved fashion after all, he had several latest fashion magazines in his room as evidence.

Y/n glanced at his own attire and frowned. Though, he loved his plain white clothes. He felt they were a bit out of fashion.

At that moment an old lady walked out of the store with a broom in her hand. She was about to clean the store's front when her eyes fell on the frowning Y/n.

She took in a sharp breath as she was mesmerized by the good-looking person in front of her. The child had long vibrant green hair which fell behind his back. His grey eyes resembled stones unearthed from the world itself. His flawless skin would make the fairest women envious. In contrast to his alluring features, the boy himself was dressed in a plain white tunic with matching white pants.

Even though his features were rather effeminate, something about him told the  old lady that he was a man.

The old lady shook her head before approaching Y/n.

Old lady: Hello there child, do you need something?

Y/n was startled by the woman's words as he wasn't paying attention to his surroundings. He quicly regained his composure.

Y/n: Sorry ma'am! I was just looking at the clothes.

Old lady: Oh the clothes, I see... Do you wish wear those clothes?

Y/n: Y-yes b-but, you see.... I don't have that much jewels to buy such expensive clothes.

Y/n looked down in depressed at his current situation.

Old lady: Oh dear! Don't look so sad. Come, let us buy you some clothes.

Y/n: B-but I don't have that many jewels.

Old lady: Forget the price dear. Just come with me.

The old lady took Y/n's hand and led him inside the store.

(Time Skip)

Y/n was once again walking on the streets of Magnolia but this time with a new look intact.