Chapter 13: From Light to Dark

Natsu found himself on his last legs, his will to fight fading with every passing moment. 

...How did this happen...?

The answer simply hovered over his defeated form with an apathetic expression plastered over his face. 

Y/n L/n simply cocked his head to the side as the Dragon Slayer struggled to crawl back up his feet. The man no longer appeared human to Natsu's eyes. The indifferent attitude combined with the systematic movements made the man what he was always believed to be by the masses.

A Living Weapon for God's Demise..........

________________________________________________________________________________

(3 Days ago)

Y/n, along with Natsu, Lucy, Gray and Erza, was sitting inside a caravan which was taking them to the designated meeting location for their special quest. 

Gray: Man, I can't believe we have to work alongside side those other pricks to complete one simple quest.

The boy leaned back with an annoyed expression on his face.

Erza: Gray, make sure to not display that attitude in front of others. It will make our guild look bad, and if that happens then I am going to have to punish you.

The Queen of Faries emphasized on the punishment part by cracking her knuckles while passing a murderous look to the Ice Wizard.

Gray uncomfortably shifted towards Y/n as he gulped in fear. Natsu offered no opinion of his own as he was rather busy lying half-dead on the caravan's floor, thanks to his motion sickness.

Gray: U-Understood.

Lucy: Um, I know I should know this, but can you please tell me who are these 'Others' we are talking about.

Erza's expression reverted back to a more solemn look as she turned her attention to Lucy, making the Celestial Wizard flinch in fear while Gray breathed a sigh of relief.

Erza: The 'Others' are the people who are we going to be working with on this quest. They are members of other guilds namely --- Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus and Cait Shelter.

Y/n decided to tune out the rest of the conversation as he dozed off to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Y/n reopened his eyes as he found himself alone in the middle of dark forest. The God Arsenal sighed. It seems that his consciousness was flung into yet another weird dream. 

Y/n: At least this one is a lot greener than the last one... 

Y/n grumbled before leaping in the air and flying off in a particular direction. Unfortunately, the sea of green seemed endless as he continued flying for few hours and still found no change in the terrain.

Y/n: Seriously, this dream is starting to get on my nerv---

The God Arsenal's voice was cut off by guttural scream that exploded his eardrums. Y/n clutched his ears in pain as blood seeped out of the before crashing back to the forest floor.

Y/n: Goddammit! Who the hell gave you the permission to start the Scream Fest? This is worse than hearing Laxus' bathroom concerts!

As if on cue, the ground started to quake as the heavy winds started to blow. Y/n groaned as he slowly opened his left eye which almost popped out its socket at the sight in front of him.