Back with a bang.

Erica's POV

I've been caged in this stupid hospital for 19 weeks. That is 133 days. Don't even ask me how I have been able to manage it because the truth is I haven't.

But today, I'll be free. I'm getting discharged.

Finally!

My scars are healed except the one on my back, it will take longer to heal, but, at least, I will be able to go home. Xavier was happier than me, he literally couldn't sleep the whole night and he didn't let me go asleep too no matter how much I wanted to. He was talking to me about all the little adventures he's planned for us *ahm*for*ahm*our honeymoon*ahm*

He's like the best person on earth. All this time I was in the hospital, he never let me feel alone. We watched all the latest movies together. He did all his office work in the hospital whilst sitting beside me, he forced me to buy clothes online so that I didn't fall behind on anything important related to fashion. He installed Skype and literally bought iPhones for all my friends as well as my mother so that I could FaceTime with them if I got bored. He got food for me from my favourite restaurant and fed me when no member of the hospital was there. They didn't allow me to eat food other than what they said I could eat in the fear that my health would deteriorate. Or in plain words, I would die. So when I refused to eat anything boiled or 'good' Xavier had to go out and bring some tasty yet healthy food for me, which I ate happily. Xavier joined another hospital bed with mine and we slept together every night, I know he was uncomfortable on the hospital bed because he was used to the king sized bed, but for me, he didn't utter a word. I was really grateful to him. He didn't have to do all that, but he did.

I never thought Xavier could be so caring and loving. My heart tells me he loves me and so does my brain. I'm so lucky to have him in my life.

"Babe? Whatcha thinking?" Xavier asked, putting the last pair of my jeans in the bag.

"Oh, nothing. I just want to get out of here as soon as possible." I smiled at him "You sure that's it?" He didn't seem to buy it, but I don't want to talk about it so I nodded and flashed a million dollar smile at him.

"Fine, if you don't want to talk about it now, we'll talk about it later. But don't think you're off the hook"

"But-"

"Erica, that's final"

"Xavier there's not-"

"Erica." Xavier raised his voice a little.

"Fine." I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Good girl." He smiled and walked towards me. He suddenly took me in his arms, bridal style.

"XAVIER! PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled.

"I'm going to fall!"

"Can't do that babe" He started spinning me around making me clutch his shirt tightly. "Oh my God! Xavier Manhattan! Stop! Stop stop stop!" I yelled, and only got  laughter in return. "Xavvvvviiiierrrr!" I closed my eyes, I was going to vomit any second now.

"What's the chaos all about?" The door flew open with a raging Mr. Manhattan and four security guards following, fear and panic was written all over his face. But as soon as he saw me in his son's arms, his face lightened and a small smile made its way to his lips. "Oh." was all he said.

"Dad! Tell him to put me down!" I looked at him with pleading eyes, but he just shook his head in return

"No can do Erica" I pouted my lips. Like father like son.

Mr. Manhattan, or should I say dad and I have grown really close from the past few weeks. He was there with me when Xavier had to go somewhere for some time even though that was rare, we played games, watched Taken 1 and 2 together and we even shared our life experiences, his being more adventurous and fun. He listened to me carefully and talked to me like a father would talk to her daughter. He told me stories about Xavier's childhood, his adventures and all about his annoying girlfriends and their mothers who threw themselves at Mr. Manhattan. It was really funny. He took care of me like I was his real daughter, and I'm glad he accepted me, he even asked me to call him dad which I accepted happily since I had already gotten into the habit. Years of not being able to call someone dad had taken its toll on me. But now I was able to call someone that name and I felt elated, things were finally going right for once.