Dream

*ERICA POV*

The peaceful slumber was interrupted when I got a call from Elizabeth. I looked at the time to see that it was only midnight. Normally, I would have been irritated but because it was Liz calling, I didn't mind so much. I couldn't exactly say anything to her anyway. Rubbing my eyes, I got up from my bed being careful in not stubbing my toe on anything or just generally falling over thin air.

I picked up the phone and Lizzi spoke, ''Um uh-Erica?'' She sounded terrified.

''Is everything okay Liz?'' Was my first question, she sounded so troubled.

''Uh - can you meet me? Now?'' She sounded conflicted like she shouldn't be taking to me.

''Liz...now? Is everything okay?'' Remembering that it was midnight, I was confused as to why she wanted me to meet her unless it was something really important. '' I mean it's the middle of the night, are you okay?'' I rubbed my face and pushed my hair back in irritation.

''Yeah, you're probably right, it's the middle of the night, sorry to disturb you, I guess I should sleep okay by- '' She spoke hurriedly. I felt so foolish, she rang me because she needed help and I had to help her. I knew I wouldn't be able to go back asleep if I didn't go see what was wrong. Then something clicked. Xavier. He must have said something to her. You can't leave him alone can you?

''Wait! Tell me where are you? I'm coming'' I interrupted as I tried to find my bottoms. I'm worried about her and if she needs me I have to be with her even if it's the last day of my life.

''No! You don't have to, just sleep okay?'' Liz whispered. I know she needed me but she won't say it.

''Be quiet Liz. Tell me where you are and I'll come'' I said bluntly, but full of confidence.

''And how exactly do you plan on coming?" I knew she would be rolling her eyes now.

"You don't have a car and a cab won't be a good idea in the middle of the night.'' She giggled at my foolishness. She sure knew deflect to something other than what was needed to be discussed.

''I uh-'' I didn't know what to say, I was helpless.

''Erica, we'll talk tomorrow, it's fine. I'll text you the address to my house, but for now, I just want you to go asleep" I could sense the mother inside her taking control.

''If you didn't want me to come, then why did you call in the middle of the night?" Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. Sometimes she didn't really think her plans out, she was impulsive.

''I just wanted to hear your awful voice'' She giggled again. It was good to hear her laugh, although I knew the problem had been pushed aside for now. The moment I hung up, she would be faced with it.

''Hey! My voice is not awful!'' I retorted.

''Yes it is! It really is!'' She giggled again.

''Whatever.'' I giggled as well. Damn, she is good.

''So I guess we should sleep now...'' I knew she didn't want to stop talking to me, but she wanted to show everyone that nothing could bring her down. Little did she know, that in the process she was wearing herself down.

''You sure you okay Liz?'' I questioned again. I knew something was wrong but for some reason, she didn't want to tell me.

''Sure as Fuc-'' She screamed at me.

''Oh gosh! Shut up. I'll go okay! Gosh.'' I cut her in.

We both laughed at our childishness.

''Goodbye Erica,'' She spoke.