New day. Old memories

“Oh, it is just a small company somewhere to the north of the city,” I said to her trying to sound convincing and hoping that my voice would not betray me. My heart was pounding in my ears. It was all I could hear and the time stretched slowly, though it must of been only been a couple of seconds. I prayed so hard, hoping that she didn’t see through my lie. She looked at me and for a split second I thought I was a goner but then a miracle happened.

“Okay Eri, just take care and call me if you need anything,” she said smiling at me, unsuspecting of anything. I think she was  just relieved that I had got a job and didn’t want to jinx it too much. I knew I would not feel her wrath - dramatic I know but my mother would be fuming to know I was working for the man that got my sister pregnant and left to fend for herself.

Feeling totally relieved I kissed her of the cheek and sighed.

“Sure mummy, I have to go. Bye,” I said cheekily, happy that we were not going to play a game of 20 questions. I felt guilty, of course, but at the end of the day, she didn’t need to know who was paying me - a job was a job.

“Bye Eri,” she shouted at me as I walked out the kitchen as quickly as possibly whilst trying to look normal.

“Mum, Erica. Please,” I said laughing, “don’t call me Eri.” I heard her laughing as I walked out the door, ready to embrace this new chapter of my life. A life I now had to share with a complete bastard and I was already starting to have feelings of regret as I started my journey. 

Butterflies did not flutter in my stomach, no. They were rattling the bars, desperate to escape, but I was determined to carry on and, remembering my pep talk earlier, I continued without hesitation. 

Xavier’s POV

“Babe, just look at that teddy!” She squealed with excitement as she dragged me by our entwined hands to the enormous teddy bear. Her eyes shone with happiness and I laughed at her childish ways but I didn’t care, she was the love of my life. She looked so carefree and bubbly, just a couple of reasons why I love her so much. I must admit that the revelation of ‘love’ was scary and weird but it feels so right and I am so lucky that I have met someone to make me feel this way.

She is absolutely perfect, from her hazel eyes and her smile that makes me swoon even when I try to pretend that she does not affect me. Her hair was actually the first thing that ever attracted me to her, she had it tied it up into a loose bun with some tendrils framing her face. I remember that she was talking animatedly with someone, a friend, and I just remember her laughing. She was like an angel. She turned towards me and I saw her eyes and they were mesmerising. It made my heart flutter like it never had done and she still has the same effect on me now. 

It was not just her stunning looks that has me captivated, her personality is just as beautiful as her appearance. The more I got to know her, the more intellectual I realised she was and I believe she is the one for me.

I was broken out of my reverie to the sounds of fingers clicking and waving in front of me.

“Xavi, did you hear me?” She said pouting with her arms crossed. Another weird thing that made her more attractive to me was when she was angry, let us just say that our first meeting was not plain-sailing but it made me want to get t9 know her even more. 

“Yes princess, of course,” I spoke as I looked down at her. I pulled her tightly into my arms as her head rested on my chest and she nuzzled into me.

“Did you just sniff me?” I spoke with confusion and a trace of teasing in my voice. I could have sworn I heard her sniffing me. she pulled back slightly and looked up at me with a slightly guilty and bashful face.