Sophia.

heyyyy!!!!! So guys? How are you all? Sorrryyy for not updating in years!!!!!! Sooryyy!! Enjoy.
___________________________________________________________________

*ERICA POV* 

Today must be my lucky day. First I get caught sleeping when I should be working and then I get caught talking ill of my boss in front of his adorable niece. Is someone out to get me today?

''So Erica, what were you telling Belle?'' Xavier raised an eyebrow at me. This was another chance to redeem myself, to show that I was worthy for his remorse. He acted like he didn't hear a word of what I said to Anabelle, but I know the truth. He heard each and every word that I said and is just seeing what excuse I have concocted.

''She...told monster! Big one! Big feet! Mean and bad!'' Belle answered the question for me and was now picked up in his ''uncle's'' big arms. I really do love Belle, but why did she have to talk?! What did I ever do to deserve this?

''I was just telling her about a monster in the story I heard from my mom,'' I spoke innocently. I mean not every description was tailored to him.

''Oh really?'' Xavier gave me a worst-lie-ever face.

''Yes really.'' I replied with full confidence. I knew he wouldn't shout in front of his niece.

''Well then, got to your office and get started with the work I have placed on your table. And yes cancel all my appointments for the coming Saturday. I need to visit my family, I haven't been there for a while."

''Aye aye captain.'' I chuckled at my own childish response and went inside the cabin.

After hours of working on some important files and canceling all his appointments which didn't involve very pleasant conversations, I had finally finished. I sat on my chair content with what I had done. I found my mind wandering onto why he wanted me to cancel all of his appointments. Did he have a date? Did he already have a lover? If so, why did he kiss me?

Wait. Why am I so bothered? Why do I care if he has a lover? I'm sure he's not serious for her, or maybe he's playing with her just like he played with my sister and got her pregnant. When will this madness ever end?

It felt like it was yesterday when my sister came home running and crying. I and mom were sitting on the couch watching Castle on AXN. Peace was soon disrupted when Sophia came screaming like a maniac and went straight to her room. Mom and I shared few glances and didn't take much notice, instead, we turned our concentration back on the television. It wasn't because we didn't care about why she was crying or that we hated her, it's that she is Sophia. The rebellious, mean, cocky, extrovert with a slutty image. She lost her virginity at the age of 14, she's a school drop-out and is a drug addict. Now I guess it's clear as to why mom and I shared those glances. Maybe she just had a breakup with her 76th boyfriend, or maybe he found her kissing his bestie or maybe his dad. Yeah, she did do this. I'm not lying. She cheated on a guy named Mathew with his dad. She REALLY has a very low-grade image. The possibilities are endless with her, which brings me back to the point of why we didn't take much notice to her crying state. Last night she told me she was going to a party, so something must've happened there.

But no matter what, I love Sophia and she loves me beyond limits. She and mom are the only families I've left after my parents' divorce, so we are a tight nit family. I got up from my couch and went to her room. I opened her door and went inside to see her sitting on her bed cross-legged and her face in her palms. She looked up with tear stained eyes when she realised someone had walked in.

''Hey Soph...baby what's wrong? I sat beside her.

''Eri..I.I want to die'' she spoke between her sobs. My eyes widened at her statement. She may be the badass girl but she never is one to give up. She loves life, never would she do something to shorten it. Well besides the drugs and alcohol.