The Wedding

ERICA'S POV

This is it. Today is the day that I have been dreaming of. I will be marrying the love of my life and it all seems so surreal.

"Erica, are you even listening to us?" I heard Alisha giggle beside me. Currently, I and my bridesmaids, Alisha, Elizabeth and Olivia are sitting in a car that is parked outside the church. Everyone is inside awaiting my arrival.

"Yeah, did I zone out again?" I sighed. I've been doing that a lot lately, I don't know if it is due to nerves or because I am just thinking aimlessly.

"Yes, yes you did." Liz playfully poked my cheek with her finger.

"I don't know, I'm feeling so nervous! I don't know what to do! What if something bad happens or goes wrong? What if Xavier changes his mind!" I literally spoke so fast, I could have challenged Eminem to a rap competition.

"Hey! Snap out of it," She clicked her fingers in front of me, "Would you chill? Nothing of that sort is going to happen so stop thinking about such bizarre things." Liz crossed her arms over her chest. "Erica, Xavier loves you, and nothing on earth can change his mind." Alisha joined in.

"I know, I'm just nervous." I hid my face in my hands.

"Don't be! You've got to be strong!" Olivia said, "Your knight in shining armour is waiting at the altar to rescue you from your insane thinking." Olivia sighed dramatically making me laugh.

The car door suddenly flew open, revealing a very handsome Mr. Manhattan, "Am I interrupting something?"

"Wow, you look exceptional Mr. Manhattan!" Olivia shouted at.

"You look really good!" Alisha chimed in.

"Both of you are too kind," He smiled gently at us, "Come on girls, it's time." And as if on cue, my heart began beating rapidly, my light mood vanished and it was replaced by nerves. I felt nauseous, all those people would be looking at me, and Xavier -" Erica, do you plan on sitting inside this car forever?" Alisha spoke. I hadn't noticed that everyone was stood outside the car waiting for me.

"N-no, sorry," I said and began moving out. Of course, it was no easy task and it required Olivia and Elizabeth to hold bits of my gown so that I could stand up.

My dress was simply astonishing, I felt confident and beautiful in it and I couldn't wait to see what Xavier thought of it. The dress was white and backless, I wore a heart shaped necklace given by my mother yesterday to complement it, as well as my favourite heels. In my right hand, I held a bouquet consisting of white and cream roses. I loved how I looked and hoped that everyone thought so too.

My beautiful bridesmaids Olivia and Alisha wore red gowns, and Elizabeth wore a dress that showed off her perfect curves. They looked stunning.

"May I?" I heard Mr. Manhattan speak from behind me. I turned to him and he held out his hand for me with a loving smile on his face. I smiled back and held his hand. He gently took my hand and we began walking towards the gate. I wish my dad was here, doing this with me but I know he's out there smiling down at me.

Our wedding was not held inside the church, but we chose for the ceremony to take place in the outdoors. It was always my dream to get married with nature around us. Saying our vows to each other as the sun faded into the clouds, sounds of the wind blowing gently gave me the chills.

"Girls it's time for you to go." Mr. Manhattan gestured to the bridesmaids to start moving. The huge gate was beautifully decorated with red and white roses. It was five o'clock in the evening, the sun was about to set and the cold winds were blowing making me shiver. Everything was off to a great start, well, minus the nerves which was the reason why Mr. Manhattan was now looking at me.