The Dinner Kiss!!.

I was still suffering from shock after that dinner invite by Xavier. I know I'm exaggerating things because it was only an apology but still, I was beyond happy because for once he wasn't shouting at me. In addition, who can forget his smirk and his holy hotness in its full glory, and hi-wait women! What is wrong with you? Have I forgotten what he did to my sister?

I know I should hate that sicko but like a magnet, something about him pulls me towards him. I know he's a flirt but I can't help feel something towards him, it's like he's hiding something. I don't know why I feel like he's been hurt in the past and he is letting people get on his bad side on purpose. What could he be hiding that he can't let anyone in? His eyes speak more than his tongue ever can and I know that there is more to him. I just don't understand his need to building walls around himself, shrouding himself from emotion, from feeling...anything and everything. What could have happened to him in the past which makes him like this? Did something even happen in the past?

I stayed there in silence, contemplating about life, his life in particular. I looked at the time to see it was 6, I had been thinking for an hour, but now it was time to get ready.

I decided to wear a long red dress, with high golden pencil heels. I combed my hair and placed it into a bun and took some tendrils out to frame my face so that the dress was the focal piece. I then did my makeup, keeping it simple but effective. I decided against eyeshadow, simply sticking to eyeliner, mascara, a hint of blush and lip-gloss. After being satisfied with what I saw in the mirror I made my way downstairs and sat on the couch awaiting his arrival. It was already 7:58 pm and I felt the nerves in my body appearing knowing that he would be here any minute. I had to resist the urge to bite my nails. It was exactly after 2 minutes that I heard a knock on the door.

Quite punctual, are we? I smirked at that thought.

But I being me, began to freak out. As if the nerves already in my stomach weren't enough. All questions that could possibly crop up bombarded my head.

What if he thinks I look bad?

What if asking me to dinner was a prank and right now it's his driver standing outside ready to say 'Hey, April fools!'

Or maybe he got sick and it's his servant telling me he won't be coming today?

Or maybe he got eaten up by a werewolf?!

Shut up Erica! What are you thinking? Those supernatural novels that I loved to read were getting to my head. I was about to fight with the voice inside my head but a knock disturbed me from my mental battle.

Shut up Erica! A knock 'disturbed' you? You're no superstar! Open the door! My conscious mocked.

Pushing these irrational thoughts away, I hurried to the door whilst being careful not to fall flat on my face and opened it.

Oh, my god.

He looked breath-taking. I mean he was wearing a tight tuxedo and his hair was gelled back slightly, yet it still retained its fullness. Backcomb for us ladies! He looked so good!

"Are you done checking me out?" He smirked.

"Oh..I..um.." I feel like I could just die from embarrassment right now. It's bad enough that I am ogling at him, but for him to know that I was, makes it 10 times worse.

"Save it." He interrupted by putting his hand in front of my face to silence me, it would have migrated to the overused idiom if he spoke the phrase. But alas, he didn't. "Let's go, I don't want to get late. You already took 5 minutes to open the door." There comes that attitude that I despise so much.