7: The Boy & The Cat (Haerin x Male Reader)

(short story)

════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════
"Even though I'm just an animal, you'd want to see me as humanly like everybody else?"

"Of course, you're my main entirety."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════

There, lies a boy sitting on the mountainous grasslands. With his earphones plugged into his phone, plays a calming song with his favorite tunes in the next 2 or so minutes.

Even thought the peacefulness behind the music, the music has only been the way of coping through his conditions.

And this, lies a hardened background.

With him diagnosed with an identity disorder, the boy would always seem to have more than just one personality. 

But mostly characterized by multiple.

Some with distinct personality identities with each unique name, personal history, and characteristics.

This long-lasting condition, would worsen the boy's mentality. Clearing making him somewhat unstable. The unstable conditions have led the boy to more worsening conditions throughout the entire year.

The amount of blackouts he would receive would later take in effect of his condition.

At this point, the doctors think the boy could be seriously in depth to be almost killed as nothing would most likely save him from all of his blackouts and amnesia.

Though, one day the parents brought in a cat.

A cute grey one, too.

"Honey, look at this cat. We found it just walking around so we decided to take it in." The mother's boy joyfully says towards him, laying down the strange cat in front of him.

"Wow, just seeing it gives me a lot of hope!" The boy responded in excitement.

"Keep this cat with you son, it'll give you a lot of luck. Alright buddy?" Your father says, joining in with the sudden conversation.

"Mhm." You responded, with no ounce of emotion spreading across your face.

In just seconds, the personalities would show up. While the boy's normal expressions were always trapped.

"We're going to have to go son, we'll see you later today again, okay?" The boy's mother caressed her son's father, giving him a kiss on the cheek as well.

As both the boy's parents leave, he was met with the strange grey cat.

"Hey, my name's Haerin, you?" The strange cat suddenly said, sparking a lot of confusion and panic.

"What the?!" The boy shouted in a low-tone.

"No need to panic, obviously it's not normal to see a cat talking but hey, you get to see it." The grey cat said.

"Uh huh...it's intriguing to see though..." The boy responded in a confused tone but also a happy tone at the same time.

"Why are you in the hospital, exactly? You seem normal." The cat responded, changing the previous topic to a more questionable one.

"I'm not normal." Your normal side eventually came back.

"How so?" The cat responded.

"I don't think I can breath such fresh air with all these dumb personalities. I'm trapped, I can't be angry without it coming in, I can't be kind unless it shows itself as there's a lot more to it." The boy responded, as he looked down in his hospital gown, showing the lines of stuff pinched in his body.

"Well, I'm sure you can make it. I can see a slight glimpse of hope from you, you know." The cat says.

"What glimpse? I have none. They're all gone but trapped. I have served no purpose whatsoever. What else can I even wish for?" The boy responded fiercely.

As the boy felt a sharp pain through his head, it was as if the personality of 'anger' punched his brain.

After taking a few deep breaths, the cat began talking again.

"Let me ask you this." The cat said to the boy.

"What do you ever wish, want to happen to you?" The cat added.

"Relief." The boy responded weakly.

"The relief of being able to breath fresh air from a normal personality. Something that doesn't just randomly pop up out of nowhere while trying to do something." The boy added.

"I just don't feel normal, that's all."

"But the amount of things that I experience in a single day traumatize me even more."

"I can't even escape."

"The only coping mechanism is music, that's all I have to keep hanging on by a thread."

"These personalities destroyed who I wanted to be."

"Now I can't even experience what relief is, I just know it by the words and visualization I hear." The boy added.

.

.

.

.

.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════ ════ ⋆★⋆ ════

sorry i've been gone for the couple of weeks.

i was just not feeling all too well to keep going as my motivation slowly fell off the charts.

but here i am, making some short stories for y'all.

hopefully i receive more motivation again but i hope to see you guys again, soon.