21: The Employee (Karina x Male Reader)

(hey, it might be a surprise to see me back but i just wanted to let this out the drafts because i've been lurking around 😭)

genre: angst to fluff (on the 2nd part, if i do happen to make one)

_

You were just a student enjoying his student life, even though nothing was particularly fun or anything. But the only thing that you really looked for was Yu Jimin always sitting beside you. The thing is, you were extremely quiet and introverted.

You wanted to talk to her many times but whenever you try, many of your classmates would take that spot and opportunity for you to even try. Eventually, it was the last day before the school year ends and you haven't even talked to her once and I mean, THROUGHOUT, the entire year.

The sad moment was later brought up even more when she announced to everybody in your classroom that she was not returning to your school anymore due to her trying to achieve her dreams in becoming an idol.

She would later bring out heartfelt messages to each and everybody, including you, even though you rarely talked to her. It was surprising on your end but you didn't think too much about it.

"This is our first time talking, right?" She chuckled.

Being the introvert you were, you just nodded your head.

"You barely talk don't you?" She smiled.

"W-well, I do. I just barely interact with people I guess." You nervously smiled after that response.

She just nodded, "I know how it is. Also, make sure to read that at home." She said before leaving with a smile, leaving your suspicions to the max. You saw that everybody opened their's except you, rising your suspicions even more.

You waited until you eventually went home, which you were met with your brother, Baekhyun just sitting in kitchen counter, possibly writing lyrics for some unknown reason.

Right, you keep forgetting that brother is Baekhyun of EXO. It's usually quite a surprise to some people who were your close friends. Knowing how Baekhyun's face card is, you have the looks to become some actor or idol. Quite a lot of people liked your looks and mystery to your personality.

Other than that, your brother saw you as you entered through the house door.

"How's school? Anything interesting or just completely silent like usual?" Baekhyun asked as he put down his pen.

You shrugged, "Nothing really, just school stuff you know?"

In reality, you were constantly thinking about Jimin's message for you that was still inside your backpack.

"Expected, anyways, I made food for you and mom. Just go cleanse yourself up and come back to eat or else I'm barging inside your room." He laughed.

You slightly smiled at your brother's jokes, "Sure, sure."

After you cleansed up, you went downstairs to eat, and then went back upstairs to grab something important from your backpack.

The message.

As you opened it, the following read...

"Heyy, if I gave you this, this is possibly my last message to all of you. But I'm specifically talking to you, Y/N. We've barely interacted and talked which is quite sad in my opinion. The many times I saw you trying to talk to me while our classmates surround me was very heartbreaking. I could've done something but I was always occupied. Occupied with something that I can't even barely stop."