18: The Moon (Winter x Male Reader)

"What is your last wish, Winter?"

"My wish...?"

"Yes, your wish..."

"The bright lit moon...that is my wish.."

The silence fills in the room as Winter slowly takes her final last breaths...

"The moon..."

_ _ _

A day later after Winter, a patient at a hospital had died, had her contract completed before she had died. At the hospital, consists of a unique technology that creates artificial memories, which can basically conflict with the person's real memories. The procedure is only legal for people who had their "Last Wishes" listed after their death.

With the technology laying right beside Winter's death bed, the higher-ups gave Y/N the get-go to be able to move in with the fulfillment.

Yesterday, after the day Winter had died. Y/N thought a lot about what Winter meant about a "bright lit moon" until it clicked. She wanted to be able to go to the moon, as that was her desired last wish. It didn't make sense until now...

As Y/N had put the headset on, he went through a compilation of Winter's memories and traverse backwards through her life via the 'memories.' The memories had consisted of a blurry picture of what seemed to be her father as a young child.

The young child went towards their bedroom which consisted of galaxies, space, planets, and then the moon...

The perspective of this child must've been Winter, as evident as it is, this was clearly her memories. Though, things seem off about this one. The blurry picture of her father and the amount of reasons why she wanted to really go to the moon.

As you go through multiple series of Winter's memories, the more her father's face starts to open like a puzzle piece as you were truly trying to find out who this person really was.

Was it that her father was an astronaut?

'Just what had happened to her father?' You asked yourself.

But during your series of memories, you encountered an unusual gap in Winter's earliest memories which rendered itself rather...inaccessible. To your urge with wanting more information, you were suddenly teleported to a familiar place.

Just when you noticed it, you happened to be at Winter's place. Where she lived her entire life, where she experienced the memories you had just seen, and most importantly, what lies with Winter's father.

As you enter the house, you were met with a sudden flashback to Winter taking her first steps as a baby.

"Heh, how cute..."

After taking a closer look into the house, searching for anything rather important, you suddenly found the picture of her father. The father, really did look like Winter. Though something was missing, Winter's mother had disappeared from the picture. From last time, you saw them as any normal family that enjoyed their life.

But no, for some odd reason, Winter's mother had disappeared from the picture. When you touched the picture again, Winter's father had also disappeared from the picture. It was like whatever you touched, you were interfering with Winter's memories. Even though that wasn't possible with the headset that you had on.