2

"So if you're cold, then don't leave lonely." Adeline by John-Robert

It has been a few months since Adeline arrived in her new strange world, or perhaps 'old' suits the situation better

It has been a few months since Adeline arrived in her new strange world, or perhaps 'old' suits the situation better. She had long given up on the idea that this was only a dream as she could not recall anyone ever dreaming for months at a time. The March family has taken a strong liking to their Addy and treats her as one of the family. They even celebrated her 17th birthday with her, which was only a month after Meg's. 

Addy and Meg have become quite close as they are the same age and share a lot of the same passions and temperament. Adjusting to this lifestyle, including language and remembering how many advanced technologies have not even been thought of yet has been a challenge to Adeline, and she struggles to fit in with most people. This is why Jo likes her so much, as she is so different from other girls, just like her. 

The family does not know anything about her past or where she came from, and Adeline decided that this was for the best. She didn't want to end up in some loony bin with claims of coming from the future where their whole world is actually a movie. They simply think she was abandoned and suffered some memory loss, though Adeline remembers everything from her previous life. She is still confused about how she ended up here, but she tries to live every day as normally as possible.

She often wonders if her Mother and Father are looking for her, or maybe her best friend, Sidney. Does time even pass in their world? Is she even missing? She longs to return home, but she is enjoying her time with the March family. However, she now knows where they are in the story of this movie as the Gardiner's New Year party is on the girls' minds as they get ready. 

"I know exactly who I'll dance with," Meg sighs yet tries to sit still as Jo holds her hair against a hot iron rod in order to curl it. Adeline remembers what happens to Meg's hair in this scene, thus she shoves Jo over and takes the iron into her own hands. 

"I'll take care of it, Jo, you need to get ready yourself." She smiles, trying to hide what she knows from Jo. Jo's mouth drops wide open as she feigns offence, dropping to the bed. 

"Who are you going to dance with, Jo?" Amy asks while staring at herself in the mirror. Beth and Amy were too young to go to the party, thus the three older girls were the only ones getting ready. Amy still liked to pretend she was going so she primped herself accordingly. 

"You know I never dance," Jo scoffed, rolling her eyes as she straightened out her dress. 

"I can't dance," mumbled Beth, and Addy shot her a sweet smile and wink which made the shy girl giggle lightly. She continued to curl Meg's hair with ease as she had plenty of practice using electric curling wands before. 

"This is not fair! Why can't we all go to the party?" Amy whined, and Addy hushed her gently in between pieces of hair. Meg began to put her tight shoes on, complaining about how they used to fit.