19

"And our hands they might age and our bodies will change, but we'll still be the same as we are." Grow Old with Me by Tom Odell 

Amy was dancing happily with Fred Vaughn at the New Year's party, lighting up the room with her presence

Amy was dancing happily with Fred Vaughn at the New Year's party, lighting up the room with her presence. Her mood, however, would not last as she watched Laurie tumble into the grand ballroom, two women hanging off of his arms as he drunkenly stumbled to a couch. 

Amy apologized to Fred and hastily made her way to the boy, a frown now etching her soft features. Once she had approached the foolish boy, she cleared her throat and tapped her foot. 

"Laurie,"

"Amy," the young girl glared down at Laurie, frustrated with his relaxed attitude. 

"I waited an hour for you," thinking back to the tardiness Amy had to endure due to Laurie caused her to get even angrier, steam almost coming out of her ears. 

"I feel caught," Laurie giggled, sending the girls away while he made space on the couch for Amy. He patted the spot beside him, but Amy spun around and walked away from him, causing him to stumble to his feet and follow her. 

"Amy, please," Laurie slurred, chasing after the March sister. 

"Do you want to know what I honestly think of you?" Amy blurted, spinning around to face the Laurence boy. He stopped in his tracks. 

"What do you honestly think of me?" He smiled slyly, causing Amy's anger to spike. 

"I despise you," Amy spoke with almost as much venom as her sister Jo possessed. She was fed up with the way this ridiculous boy ruined her beautiful sisters. 

"Why do you despise me?" He giggled, chasing after her once again as she tried to walk to a more private area so as to not cause a scene. 

"Because with every chance of being good, useful, and happy, you are faulty, lazy, and miserable," she finally began to let out the frustrations she has felt toward the boy for years. 

"Oh, really? That is interesting," Laurie pondered as Amy laugh bitterly. 

"Selfish people do like to talk about themselves," she grumbled, crossing her arms as Laurie hiccupped. 

"Am I selfish?" 

"Yes, you are. With all your money, talent, beauty, and health-"

"Beauty?" Laurie smirked in almost a flirtatious manner, and Amy was disgusted. 

"Of course, you like that, you old vanity! With all of those good things to enjoy, you can do nothing but be terrible," Amy was done pulling punches. She knew Laurie was hurting but she also knew that he did it to himself. Laurie grabbed onto Amy's hand, being dramatic in his intoxication. 

"I'll be good for you, Saint Amy!" He wailed, causing some people around him to look curiously at the two young people. 

"It's not me who I wish you were good for," Amy breathed, closing her eyes as her anger slowly left.