24

"Did you just whisper in her ear? Words she only dreamed to hear? Pretty lady, look at how he's smiling, I think he likes you." Absolutely Smitten by Dodie Clark

The sun was shining and the March family was scattered

The sun was shining and the March family was scattered. After Aunt March had left her estate to Jo, she knew what she wanted. A place for all children to be educated and explore their gifts was precisely what this town needed. So, with help from Friedrich who had chased after her relentlessly despite her stubbornness, and her family, Jo had opened the school, filled to the brim with youthful energy. 

Friedrich was inside, teaching a violin lesson, while Addy was in another room teaching piano.  Out on the lawn lay Fred as he plays with his newborn baby, while his wife, Amy, teaches a painting lesson. He had become quite infatuated with their little girl whom they named Elizabeth; Bessie for short. John was teaching a botany lesson with his twins, who loved to help their father teach. Meg was supervising a play rehearsal with her newest addition to the family, Josie. Marmee is getting some of the younger kids to read out loud while Robert March teaches little ones the alphabet by getting them to shape themselves into the letters. Laurie was teaching fencing, holding tightly onto a baby that was only around one year old. He smiled down at his daughter, cooing to her as she giggled at his movements. 

Jo is wandering around the grounds with a small baby in her arms, smiling down at her beautiful baby Theodore. As she approaches Addy's classroom, the kids run out in joy as they finished their lesson. Jo chuckles, peeking in to find Adeline struggling to get up from her piano bench. 

"Having a little trouble?" Jo asks with a smirk as Addy glares at her. 

"You know when I had Florence, I really thought that was going to be it for me. And here I am," Addy sighed, standing and placing a hand on her 6-month bump. Jo took her free arm and linked it with Addy's, watching as her sister tickled the nose of her new baby. 

"Hello, little Teddy," she giggled as they made their way to the lawn. 

"Theodore Laurence! Please tell me you are not teaching fencing with our daughter in your arms!" Addy yelled as he came into view. The children all ran off screaming and laughing as Laurie's eyes grew big. 

"Everyone else was busy!" He tried to explain but Addy huffed, grabbing Flo from his arms and snuggling her close as she called "mama" excitedly. Laurie followed behind them as Jo went to meet Friedrich.

"So, do you think it will be a boy or a girl this time?" Laurie placed an arm around Addy's waist as they made their way to where their family was gathering. 

"I think it might be a boy," she whispered, not knowing how she knew but feeling like she was right. 

"Well, what would you like to name him?" He asked, smiling lovingly down at his wife. Adeline Laruence thought for a moment before her eyes lit up. 

"What about James?" She sighed happily, thinking of Laurie's Grandfather who was so kind to her and the March family. Laurie's eyes softened at the thought and he nodded strongly.