Chapter 1

Growing up was something Sakura didn't always look forward too. She's seen first hand the good and the bad of being a full fledged adult, mostly the bad. Her parents were a big reason for that. She felt another year of school was another year of her doing things on her own. Things changed since that one summer back when she was in Junior High and ever since, she's had to figure out how to fend for herself.

She always finds herself thinking back to that summer, probably because it was the last summer where she actually enjoyed herself, back then things were much brighter, more vibrant in her eyes, now things were dull, almost everyday she asks herself what's the meaning of life, is there meaning to so much heartache and suffering a individual finds themselves going through and it only gets worse as the years go by. It isn't like the movies, where someone could swoop down and simply be the hero of your story, reality was harsh, and it's something Sakura will always have to deal with.

"Sakura! Come down on you'll be late on your first day back!" That was Shizune, her aunt's best friend, she was like the big sister Sakura never had. Sakura had been living with her aunt Tsunade ever since her last year of junior high. When summer ended that year, both of Sakura's parents had a huge fallout and a even worse divorce. They fought for custody over her, but with her father's record in the system and her mother's history with controlled substances and different drugs, the court deemed both of them unfit to raise her. Especially with the pettiness, Sakura would always be stuck in the midst of their drama. So the judge decided she would be better off with her aunt.

Auntie Tsunade, lived a good life, she was a doctor at one of the biggest hospitals in Tokyo. She had a great home, it was big enough just for the three of them and Sakura liked it here, and she was grateful to be able to live somewhere stable, and not in some random foster home with other kids and people she didn't know.

Although she was still dealing with the remnants of her parent's divorce, her Aunt does the best she can to ensure her happiness, which she's grateful for.

"I'm coming down!" Sakura yelled back. Slipping her navy blue jacket on, and tightening her striped tie, she grabs her bookbag and makes her way downstairs. Her hair today in a ponytail with a red ribbon bow tied around to make her look somewhat presentable on her first day, the only makeup she found herself wearing was her clear lipgloss.

"Sorry it took a minute to get ready." Sakura states as she walks towards their dining table grabbing a banana from the bowl in the middle. "A banana? Seriously that's all you're eating?" Shizune asked.

"I'm not really that hungry, I'm sure I'll find my appetite during lunch, I'll buy something from the school store." Sakura said.

"Sakura you should always eat a little more in the morning, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, if I don't lecture you on this Tsuna will." Shizune said as Sakura waved her off. "Don't worry yourself Shizune, My appetite has changed over the years, I don't find myself eating so much anymore." Sakura said standing at the door slipping her brown loafer shoes on.

"Sakura, you remember the last time you stopped-"

"Shizune, let's pocket this conversation, I don't want to be depressed on my first day of school, so lets drop it for now. I'm guessing Auntie Tsunade already left for work, I'll see her when I get home. See you later." Sakura said grabbing her train pass from the small hook as well as her house keys.

Luckily the station close to her house took her directly to the station close to her school. It was a convenient walk every time she went.

Although she was likely to be in the class with the same people from the year before, she found herself somewhat nervous. The first day of school always seemed to feel like that, not like she was going to impress anyone, it was always just first day jitters.