Chapter 4

"You're lying."

"I swear! Cross my heart!" Sakura said laughing. "That's why I take the train now, getting chased by three big dogs walking home from school isn't fun." She added.

"Why do people even let their dogs run loose. Someone could get hurt." Sasuke sighed.

"Yeah, but I made it home in time, so I didn't get hurt... I was extremely out of breath, I wasn't eating properly so that did a toll on me." She chuckled sheepishly.

"I see.." he said.

"What about you? Any stories you want to share about your time in Osaka?"

"Not really.. I didn't really do much."

"Really?"

"There wasn't much to do. All the people I hung out with wanted to do the same thing every weekend or break, it was boring, so I didn't really do alot.." he said.

"I see.. well.. did you have any friends you miss?"

"Not necessarily, maybe one or two, but I still contact them, so it's fine." He said.

"Well that's good.." Sakura said softly smiling.

"So, is there anything happening in Tokyo soon?" He asked as she turned looking at him.

"Like what?" Sakura asked.

"A festival or anything?" He asked.

Sakura eyes lit up remembering that there's always a festival held in downtown Tokyo, they throw it to celebrate the new school year, so students from all kinds of schools come, it's supposed to be a way to motivate the youth.

"Actually yeah, in two weeks, there will a be festival held downtown! Usually Ino and the girls go with me, and some others from our class. It's basically like a back to school festival, sounds lame I know but it's actually fun."

"I see.. do you want to go together then?" He asked turning to look at her as she looked at him. "Of course!" She smiled. "It'll be fun and a new memory for us together."

"Hn" he said turning back looking at the sunset over the lake. It was silent before he sighed and spoke up again. "I'm sorry for asking you to come here even though I have nothing to really talk about, It's just I want you to always feel comfortable around me... like how you used to.. it gets a little awkward when you get so sheepish or shy, I don't blame you.. but I want everything to be natural between us, I figured when we're here you're able to be yourself."  He spoke still looking out to the lake.

Sakura turned looking at him then to the lake herself. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to make these awkward... it's just..." she said stopping her sentence. She couldn't tell him now, she told Ino she would strengthen their friendship before she confessed. "It's just I'm still trying to adjust to the new you, I don't want to overwhelm you sometimes so I hold back on certain things I do or say around you.. being here at the dock does make some of my anxiety melt, and it reminds me of times we'd sit here together.. so I'll try to continue to be this way in different settings." She said smiling.

His eyes cut to her for a moment watching her smile, watching how her face glowed from colors of the sky which were hues of red's, pink's, orange's, and purple's. She looked beautiful basking in the light.

Blushing slightly, he cut his eyes back to the lake. He didn't want to make things weird, the silence was becoming too much and he'd hate to be caught in a trance like that again, so he brings something up out of the blue.

"Hn.. are you feeling better?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" She asked looking at him again.

He reached over grabbing her hand, holding it out a bit. "Your hand, your band aid is gone."