Chapter 5

"Sasuke, I'll be heading out for the rest of the day, I have a lot of work I have to catch up on down at the station , if you leave don't forget to lock the door and to let me know where you'll be if you're out late." Itachi said.

"Hn, yeah.. I plan on going out today.. there's a back to school festival.."

"I see, going with anyone in particular?" Itachi asked.

"Yeah.."

"Aa, So I take it your first two weeks at school are going well then, have you made alot of friends?"

"No.. just two. Well.. one I already knew."

"Is it Sakura?" Itachi shot a teasing smile at Sasuke. He noticed the tips of his little brother's ears redden mentioning Sakura to him.

"Yeah, it's Sakura and another friend named Naruto, even though he's annoying."

"But isn't Sakura the one you always refer to as annoying?" Itachi teased as Sasuke rolled his eyes. "She's a different type of annoying." He said a little under his breath as Itachi chuckled.

"I take it she's only annoying because she makes you feel things you don't understand, her ability to sway you is annoying I bet."

"You make it sound like I have a crush on her or something." Sasuke said.

"You said it, not me." Itachi said. "Just when you go out, have fun, and just be careful. Alot has happened and I'm liking the small changes I'm seeing in you... so be sure to be nice to Sakura and others around you, your friends are more important than you think.. I know things have been rough without Mother and Father and times like this we need our friends and others.. so enjoy and cherish them now." Itachi said as Sasuke nodded still blushing not looking at his brother. "Well I'm going now, Order dinner if you get hungry when you get back home, see you later Sasuke."

"Yeah yeah... you drive safe." Sasuke said as his brother nodded, closing the door to his room. Sasuke fell back on his bed throwing his arm over his eyes. He felt like a complete idiot sometimes.

Why did the mere mention of Sakura's name make him blush like that? Was it because of the context of which Itachi mentioned her? She really was annoying.. clouding his mind almost all the time..especially when she kissed his cheek two weeks ago. He had been a bit awkward around her, not intentionally, he just doesn't know how to handle or express his feelings that well especially when it comes to things like... crushes.

Back then when they were simply adolescent preteens who were always happy together he probably would've been different expressing his feelings for Sakura, he probably would have gladly told her he has a crush on her... but now.. things are simply different.

He doesn't know if expressing his feelings is the right thing for either of them.. he doesn't want to ruin anything they're starting to have with one another, they've recently found one another again and he wants to cherish everything about her.

Maybe he's just scared and is afraid to admit it.. he lost two of the closest people to him who he cared deeply for.. maybe he's just scared if he and Sakura get too involved he'd be afraid of losing her.

The vibration of his phone pulled him from his thoughts, peeking from under his arm he looked down at the phone, it was Sakura's name flashing across the screen.

"Tsk, speak of the devil." He murmured grabbing his phone placing it at his year.

"What is it Sakura."

"Open up! I ran into your brother and he said you're home!"

He could hear the cheerfulness in her voice as she spoke he sat up in his bed and chuckled. "I'm on my way down."