Chapter 16

"Say Ahhh"

"Sakura, I can hold my own spoon."

"Let me feed you, remember I'm taking care of you!" She said as he chuckled. "Fine." He said opening his mouth letting her feed him.

It went on like that for a while before he finished eating. Lucky for them Itachi walked in afterwards.

"Ah, How you feeling Sasuke?" He asked looking at the two.

"A little better.. the Fever went down."

"Thanks to my healing techniques."

"Whats that? Kissing me?" Sasuke smirked as he watched Sakura get flustered. "It worked didn't it?" Sakura said as Itachi chuckled.

"I see, well it's good to see the both of you up and going." Itachi said hanging up his coat walking over to them.

"How was everything after I left?" Sakura asked.

"Well, there was a little bit more arguing, but paperwork was signed, for now we wait to hear what the prosecutor will do with all the information."

"Wait? The charges didn't go through?" Sakura asked.

"They were filed, but it's completely up to the prosecutor to press the charges or drop them, All evidence was turned in, so I don't see them working in your favor, but for now, Sage will be taken out of your class." Itachi said. "She's not to be in breathing distance of you while at school." He said.

"Well I guess that's fine, I hope everything goes through." She said sighing.

"Everything will." Sasuke said as she looked at him. "I'm sorry Sasuke, I'm supposed to be feeding you." She said.

"Don't worry, I've eaten enough now." He said gently taking the spoon and bowl from her.

"Sakura, I know you're comfortable here and you're always welcome but-"

"Auntie wants me to come home tonight right?" Sakura said as Itachi nodded. "She's concerned about you, especially after that nose bleed and the way you ran out. She's worried about your physical and mental wellbeing right now and I can't blame her." Itachi said.

"Of course I know, I'll go home tonight. I don't mean to cause her worry at all, she does too much for me. So I know me being home tonight will put her a bit at ease."
Sakura said standing from her seat. "Are they back home yet?" Sakura asked.

"When I pulled up I didn't see their car, They mentioned stopping somewhere to get a few things for dinner, so they should he back shortly." Itachi said.

"I see." She said sitting back down. "I still have a night bag here with some clothes, do you mind if I take a quick shower?" Sakura asked.

"Go ahead, I'll be in my study working on a few things." He said as Sakura and Sasuke nodded.

Sasuke led Sakura upstairs by her hand taking her back to his room. He let her use his shower in his room.

Time passed and eventually she was done, tying her hair into a ponytail, walking out in a big t shirt and some black tights.

"You okay?" Sasuke asked.

"Yeah.. well I'm just a bit nervous, you know, going back home tonight. I might sleep in Shizune's room." She joked as he chuckled. "You should get back used to sleeping in your room." He said.

"Yeah I know.. I'll try to sleep."

"If you can't, just call me." He said. "I'll answer."

"I know you will, but you should rest too, you're not completely well." Sakura said.

"I'm fine. I'll stay up if you need me to." He said.

"Thank you, Sasuke." Sakura said.

"I'm home." Sakura said walking into her house, she set her things down by the door walking further inside.

"Welcome home sweetheart." Shizune said "Dinner is just about ready." She added.

"Where's Auntie?" Sakura asked.

"She was here not too long ago, she wanted us to have dinner and started it but she was called to the hospital for an emergency."

"I see.. Well I guess I can text her that I came home." Sakura said sitting down at the dining table.

"Yeah, she was really worried about you, So was I, but I figured if you were with Sasuke you would be okay by the time you got back, she knew that too, which is why she went on to work, if she thought you weren't okay she wasn't going to go."

"Well I'm still a bit anxious to be in my room right now, but I think I'll be able to sleep tonight." She said. "Did you guys sign the paperwork to get a restraining order on Shuko?" Sakura asked.

"We did, he can't ever come near you again, unless he wants to be behind bars or dead." Shizune said with her back turned, she was cutting up vegetables.

Sakura looked up to her. "You know, it made me sick to my stomach when Itachi gave us the rundown on him, to think he has such a background and your own mother doesn't know and she's trying to put you in a house with that predator, God it makes me so angry, how stupid and conniving she is." Shizune said continuing to chop at the vegetables.

"Yeah.. Me too." Sakura said a bit sad. Shizune noticed her tone. "Im sorry sweetheart if I said too much, I was just.. venting."

"It's okay... I think I'll go lay down for a bit.. I'll come back down when everything is ready, I'll try to find my appetite again." Sakura said.

"Okay, call me if you need me Sakura."

"I will." She said going up the stairs to her room.

Slowly she opened her door, looking into her room, at every corner. Slowly walking in, she went to her bathroom opening that door and looking into it.

She didn't realize she was holding her breath until her chest began to hurt, she let out a small breath of relief when everything seemed to be in place and fine.

She walked over to her bed, getting inside, pulling the blankets closer to her. She was mildly exhausted from today.

Her anxiety was present, but she pushed it away, falling asleep immediately as she was back in her own bed.

"Sakura, dinner is read-" Shizune said stopping in her tracks taking in Sakura's sleeping presence.

She walked over to her giving her a quick kiss on her forehead. "I'll just wrap your dinner up for tomorrow, sleep well, Sakura."