Chapter 8

⚠️ TW// Abuse, DV mentioned ⚠️

"Sas-Sasuke.." Sakura groaned as she sat up in his bed. The side of the bed where Sasuke was sleeping was empty now and Sakura sat up rubbing her eyes trying to get them to adjust and focus.

"Sasuke?" She said his name again, this time getting out of his bed. She walked towards his room door opening it and leaving his room. She walked towards the stairs. Halfway down she noticed Sasuke standing at his front door. She watched him close and turn around with a bag in his hand.

"What is that?" Sakura asked as he looked at her.

"You're up." He said.

"Yeah.. I just woke up.. how long have you been down here?" She asked.

"Like thirty minutes, I ordered breakfast." He said. "I got you pancakes.. you still like sweet things right?" He said.

"Oh yeah... I'm surprised you remember that." She chuckled.

"How could I forget? You were a gremlin for sweets." He said as she laughed.

"Is that how it seemed?" She asked giggling taking the to-go box from the bag.

"Yes, Halloween was always a scary day for me." Sasuke said. "You black out on sweets like someone would do with liquor." Sasuke said as Sakura rolled her eyes.

"I wasn't that bad plus I don't eat sweets like that anymore. I'm more tame." She said.

"Yeah right.."

"Anyways! What did you order?" She asked.

"An omelette and white rice." He said.

"Ooh give me some." Sakura said walking over to him watching as he took his togo plate from his bag.

"Eat your own food." Sasuke said.

"But I want some of yours." Sakura pouted as Sasuke brought some of the omelette up to his mouth to eat it.

"Your pancakes will get cold." He said looking at her as her pout continued. "Ahh" She said opening her mouth as be chuckled. He got some of the omelette on his fork and raised it to her mouth. She gladly took it and chewed it humming in satisfaction. "That's good." She said.

"I know, that's why I ordered it." He said continuing to eat as Sakura walked back to her pancakes eating them as well.

After they were done, they both sat together in Sasuke's living room. They both wanted to sit and chill before they actually got ready to go to the mall and meet Sage and whoever she had with her.

"Do you really want to go to the mall?" Sasuke asked as Sakura looked away from the TV at him. "Yes, Even though I don't really.. trust Sage, Ino did agree to come so I'll have you and her there if things get... crazy."

"I won't let things get crazy Sakura.."

"I know you wouldn't.." She said softly. "Have you spoken with Itachi?" She asked.

"Yeah.. he called earlier, he didn't say much he was just asking if I was okay and asked if I needed anything."

"That was sweet of him to check on you." Sakura said.

"Yeah but I can tell something is not okay with him. His voice was raspy." Sasuke said. "He probably went to me and my parents old house.."

"You think he was crying?" Sakura asked.

"He could have been...I've never seen my brother cry, I know he probably doesn't show alot to me.. but I can just tell. He just got there and probably stopped by the house and he probably let it all out... even when he came to Osaka for me after they had just died, he didn't shed a tear, not even at the funeral, he was stone faced the entire time.."