Chapter 19

⚠️🚫Trigger warning Talks of ED🚫⚠️

"Well that was a huge fucking waste of time, why would the jury not understand that bastard is guilty?" Itachi said while he drove them back to the hotel. There would be another trial held again so that the jury can come to a unanimous verdict.

Sasuke was frustrated, he just stared out of the window in the backseat, he didn't utter a word, he also couldn't understand how a group of people couldn't see how he was guilty. There was camera footage on a nearby street light that showed the accident and how that asshole rammed right into his parent's car. Yet just because they were going a little over the speed limit they're blaming the crash solely on that. A terrible argument.

Sakura just felt so out of place, she wanted to console the both of them, but she really didn't understand how to. Sasuke was colder than ever, he hasn't even talked to her since they walked back to the courthouse, which was awkward within itself. They held hands but the deafening silence was killer. She wanted to tell Sasuke about her father but it just wasn't the time, it wasn't relevant to why they really came to Osaka.

"Do you two want anything to eat?" Itachi asked.

"I'm good, I don't really have an appetite." Sakura said.

Sasuke looked up from the window at Sakura. "You haven't eaten since early this morning Sakura, you should eat something." Sasuke said finally speaking up. Even through his frustration he was worried about her.

"I'm fine, I'm not hungry, it'll be a waste getting anything."

"Are you okay? What happened in that store?"

"Nothing important Sasuke."

"Like hell, you only shut down like that when your mother is involved."

"Well she wasn't there Sasuke, I'm simply not hungry, why is it such a big deal?" Sakura asked.

"Because when you get like this, not eating, or binging your food in the bathroom it gets concerning."

"Well what about you? Becoming a sudden mute? You know this trip isn't about me, I came here to support you not be ridiculed by you, I know I have bad habits and I'm working on them, but I relapse sometimes too. God I'm trying Sasuke." Sakura said sucking in a breath trying not to cry.

"I know you're trying but I need you to talk to me." He said.

"And I need you to talk to me! Where did you walk off to when you left the courthouse?"

"What happened inside of the store?" He asked deflecting her question as Sakura sighed.

"Whatever Sasuke." Sakura said

"The both of you have bad habits, you each have your shutting down mechanisms. Instead of arguing the way you two are, you should talk it out, like you always do. I don't like seeing you two fight. It's not like you." Itachi said cutting in.

"I'm going to go grab somethings for dinner, you two head up to the room, get comfortable, and talk. When I come back we'll all sit together and eat if need be." Itachi said pulling off as Sasuke and Sakura stood infront of their hotel watching his car drive away.

Silently they both entered and walked towards the elevator getting inside. It was Sasuke to press the button for it start moving, going up to their room.

The tension was very intense, it was awkward. They had never had an argument before really, barely a disagreement. Sakura knew Sasuke was probably taking his frustrations out on her from the trial and normally she wouldn't have minded , but she also wished he didn't, she didn't need the things she does thrown in  her face just because she didn't tell him what happened. It was a stupid argument, something that should be cleared up immediately. But how exactly? They both weren't talking, as if their pride was stopping the two of them speaking up first.