Chapter 21

"Clear the way we have more injured teens coming in." A paramedic said pushing a kid on a stretcher into the hospital.

Tsunade had been called into work after hearing about what happened at the high school. She was worried to death because she had yet to hear from Sakura. She had asked that Shizune go down to the school to make sure Sakura wasn't amongst the injured as well as Sasuke.

"God, what could have caused that big of a fire, so many kids hurt, almost critically." She spoke to herself.

"Dr. Senju! We just got word that your niece is on her way here!" A nurse said as Tsunade turned to her. "Is she alright?" She asked.

"The paramedics are working on her, she was beneath alot of rubble with another person, they both were unconscious, labored breathing, some second degree burns. We're not sure....if they're stable." The nurse said as Tsunade looked at her with an empty expression.

She couldn't think straight, most of the kids being emitted were already in critical condition just due to so much inhalation of the smoke. Knowing Sakura is in such condition almost made her sick to her stomach.

"Have they found the cause of the fire?" Tsunade asked with a low voice.

"Detectives and Firefighters are still at the scene investigating, they'll find it Doctor. Your niece will be fine. When she makes it in, you'll be the first to know." The nurse said.

"Sasuke Uchiha as well. He's my niece's boyfriend so let me know when he gets in as well, he's most likely the person who was found with her."

"Yes ma'am of course!" The nurse said scurrying off.

Even though Tsunade's mind was cloudy with fear and dread, she had to continue helping the staff around. No one was expecting such a tragedy. So many kids on the verge of not making it.

She prayed her niece or Sasuke weren't one of those kids.

"Make sure her oxygen is at a good level." Tsunade had spoke to a nurse as they were helping work on a child suffering from difficulty breathing.

"Dr. Senju! Your niece is here, emergency room 106."

"Nurse, finish with this patient, continue to monitor her oxygen levels and take care of those burns." She said as the nurse nodded.

Tsunade rushed to the room Sakura was in, she got there quickly and when she did, she gave a sigh of relief.

She was awake.

"Sakura, sweetheart, are you okay?" Tsunade spoke. When Sakura tried to sit up in the bed, she moved her shoulder wrong and winced in pain. Tsunade rushed over gently helping her lay back down.

"Auntie.. where is Sasuke?" Sakura asked.

"He hasn't made it yet, I told nurses to let me know immediately when he gets here." She said.

"God.. I thought we were dead. The floor just collapsed and we fell through, and then everything fell on top of us. It was so hot, and I'm in so much pain." Sakura said with a few tears welling in her eyes.

"I know you are, and I'm going to help you." Tsunade said. "I'll get some IV started and I'll help with that shoulder and help with your wounds." She said. "So please try to take it easy and rest for now."

"How long will she be in Tsuna?" Shizune asked sitting next to Sakura's bed. She had ran home with Itachi getting both Sasuke and Sakura a bag with their essentials.

"Yeah Auntie, how long do I have to stay here?" Sakura asked.

"Is there something better for you to be doing right now?" Tsunade asked. "I just had to pop your shoulder back into place, which will definitely take some time to heal, which is why you're in the sling. You're bruised and have all types of small lacerations on your body and not to mention the burns you have. You'll be under my care for a while." Tsunade said as Sakura sighed.