Chapter 1: The Bar

We sat at the bar, legs almost touching.

He alternated between soft, thoughtful glances to a dreamy, almost hypnotic gaze during our brief small talk. It seemed deliberate because our conversation quickly transformed into flirtation.

I had the overwhelming suspicion that I was one of many he melted with just a few words and a lingering glance. He had that effect. A warning signal went off in my head, but still, I couldn't help that ego stroke of knowing that tonight his focus was solely on me.

I brought the straw to my puckered lips, clenched my teeth around the tiny plastic hole to let just enough of the sour taste slip through. I felt it almost immediately but that didn't stop me from finishing my drink first. I didn't need to be drunk around him, but it made it easier to give what I was getting. I wasn't as nervous to match his stare or his quips but he upped the ante. Slowly reducing the space between us and breaking eye contact to gaze at my lips.

I assumed it was a tactic and purposefully distracting, still...it stirred something inside of me I thought I wasn't capable of feeling again. 

"You're probably the most beautiful girl anywhere you go, right?" He noted with a dazzling smile, but the look of confusion on my face and the volume of the bar brought him closer to whisper it again in my ear.

I laughed and pushed him away by the shoulder. "Yeah, right." The alcohol moved quickly in my bloodstream.

"I'm serious." That smile still painted his lips. His eyes danced with mischief.

"I am too. I don't see myself that way." As soon as the words came out the confidence I was building slipped away with them. Habitually, I took another sip of my drink only to remember I finished it.

"Well you should. You want another?" He asked, motioning towards the empty glass.

I had mistakenly thought drinking would lessen the affect of his charm but it only seemed to magnify it. Additionally, I thought it would ease my nerves but I overshot and felt myself wanting to know what it was like to touch him.

I waved away his offer and let my hand rest on his thigh. "I'm fine."

Here was a glimpse of the version of myself that was undeterred by self-doubt and rational thinking. I knew he welcomed it when his hand came to rest on my lower back.

"You're so beautiful." He muttered into the mess of curly hair sitting on my head, then placed a kiss on my forehead. I felt a rush of warmth flow through me, giddy like a schoolgirl with a crush.

I liked his touch, his attention and I wanted that...but within seconds that rational thinking was back and what I wanted more was reassurance. I wouldn't let myself be swayed so easily if this was just another Friday night for him.

I retreated so I could see his face again.  "Tell me something different."

Nonplussed, he met my demand with a raised eyebrow as he took a small swig from his beer.

"Something you don't tell all the girls you go on dates with." I spoke carefully and with control so I didn't sound as drunk as I was beginning to feel.

"Ohh." He licked his lips and paused. "You think I go on a lot of dates?"

His unexpected answer elicited a sharp laugh. "I'm young but I'm not naive."

"Your age doesn't mean anything to me." Then another swig.

"I said something different." I challenged, leaning in but still keeping my distance.

He laughed and gave me a look I couldn't quite figure out but I liked the way my body lit up from it. I made a mental note to talk to him like that more often.

He took another, longer swig. Eyes fixed on me. Calculating.

I needed to know that I wasn't just filling some temporary twenty-six year old shaped hole in his life. It was all too new to expect that much from him, we had just met and only had a brief conversation before this. Perhaps there was a smoother, subtler way I could go about it but I was stubborn and embodying a new inebriated bravado.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

Hi to anyone reading this!

Thanks so much for checking my silly A.U. out!! I know it kind of drops you in the middle of something, but I like that form of storytelling so I hope you do too! If you feel so inclined, please vote and let me know what you think!

The story isn't completed but I have the first few chapters done so I'll be uploading this as I write it. If you have any feedback please let me know!!

Here's some pictures to kind of give you a better idea of the *:・゚✧*:・vibe ✧*:・゚✧

Emi's outfit (block out the bits of blonde, our girl's got short curly hair)

Pedro ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚( I love his sweet lil face)

The bar