Chapter 2: Lascivious Little Freak

After a few moments he responded.

"You think I'm some kind of slut don't you?" He teased, coming closer before whispering "A lascivious little freak?"

The alcohol magnified even the most minute sensation: the way he nearly sighed the words in my ear, his warm breath on my skin, the ambrosial air that surrounded him. I would have shivered if his remarks weren't so laughable.

I felt myself slowly careening into his body like a ship into an iceberg, and the giggle that left my lips was closely followed by a chuckle from his own. Like a magnet his hand returned to its previous position on my lower back.

"I do think that you could easily have anyone you wanted." My own voice sounded foreign. I yearned to be pressed against him but the sudden realization of what I was saying in tandem with how I was acting was embarrassing. I pulled back again in an attempt to sober up.

I could feel his eyes examining my face. "You do realize I think the same about you."

I bit my lip and nervously met his gaze before eyeing the empty vessel of my long gone drink.

He made a good point. I had no idea what his intentions were yet I gave no clear indication of my own. He wasn't the only person I was talking to. It was a bit unfair and a clear display of my insecurities to hang onto the idea of him doing the same. I found myself cringing at my own immaturity. 

"I will tell you" He paused until my attention was on him, smirking as he said "you're making me work for it." Before a final swig. He put the empty bottle on the counter. "I like that."

After a few beats of silence between the two of us he said, "and I like you."

We had just met and yet he knew how to ease the tension that arose in me by replacing it with a sweeping warmth. His face was inviting, soft, and tender.

I wanted to kiss him.

"I think I need a cigarette." I said instead.

✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺✺

This chapter is a little shorter but I'm still trying to find the proper spacing for the story. I might edit it a bit, so if you have any feedback or suggestions please let me know! I hope you keep reading and thanks for reading this far ⍣>.<⍣