Chapter 13: Not Cruelty-Free

After I hung up my clothes I paused to look at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was beginning to dry and regained some volume as my curls returned to their natural shape. Pedro's clothes concealed most of my curves, except for my breasts. His shirt smelled terrific too and in this space I pulled it up to my nose and inhaled.

He's so dreamy.

I tried to avoid having thoughts like that, and when I couldn't, I wanted to snap out of it immediately. He was in the other room, fresh from witnessing my bare body. While he didn't see everything, he saw more than I had intended when I walked into his apartment. My ego had relished in his reaction, but I was beginning to have some misgivings about my behavior. Was undressing in front of him the right decision? Clearly, an impulsive one, but was it appropriate? My whole goal of not giving in too soon was to keep him interested, to show him I was different, and to take things slowly. Did my actions accomplish that?

I sighed and scanned my face to see if I could understand my own intentions, but nothing came of it. My gaze drifted to his countertop for a few moments before returning to the mirror and I was caught off guard when I noticed Pedro leaning against the open doorframe.

"Jesus, you scared me." I chuckled at my tendency to get easily startled.

He gave me those tender puppy dog eyes "Sorry," then a lazy grin as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Thought you got lost."

It was hard to look at him so I picked up a bottle from the counter. "Just looking at your hygiene products."

"That so?" He started, eyes carefully examining me in the reflection. "Wouldn't expect someone to be tense from something like that."

He was good at picking up on how I felt.

Nervously, I looked back at him in the mirror and tried my best to hide it, "Well, it's not cruelty-free."

He laughed, "You want to talk about things not being cruelty-free? How about undressing in front of me? That's not cruelty-free."

"You seemed to be enjoying yourself." I muttered. I knew he didn't mean what he said in a spiteful way, but I was slightly embarrassed and overcompensating for it.

"Look, I'm just a little confused. I was under the impression you wanted to take things slowly. That's why I didn't kiss you again." He explained.

"Not because you're a tease?" I dared, looking at him this time.

"Well, maybe that's part of it." Now a smile, "But look, you did the same thing to me at the bar. Remember?"

I gave a small nod. He didn't say anything else as he watched me, probably waiting for me to say more.

I took a deep breath, "Well maybe impulse control isn't my strong suit either."

That was all he needed to hear.

"So who's saying we have to stop ourselves?"

I didn't respond but my eyes were fixed on his. I was so caught up in my own mind game of wanting to prove him wrong and show him that his charm wouldn't work on me. And even though I wanted his attention and liked it, I was doing everything I could not to give any indication that I was feeling that way. Now, I was worried that the only reason he liked me was because I had been putting up that front. So then, how do you communicate that you want someone to stay interested in you but you also want to feel the weight of their cock in your mouth, without sounding desperate? I felt like a broken record but it was only the second date for christ's sake.

"If you're worried about me losing interest, don't be. Sure, you've been making me work for it, and I have no doubt you'll continue to do so," he laughed, "but I like you, Emi. And I think it's clear we both want this, so why not?"