Under the Weather • CE Characters

Request #11: and I even thought about one with Andy where the reader is sick and he takes care of her
and maybe the same with Stevie and Ransom ?
but I get it if 3 different sick ones it's to much.... I just feel the 3 of them would react so differently

•         •        •        •

You're feeling under the weather, cold shivers consume your body and more times than not turn into cold sweats. Your head hurts, your sinuses are clogged, you can't breathe through your nose.

To top it all of you feel nauseous, very little appetite, your body is not even thirsty. It's just in frozen mode. So yeah, you have the flu, the worst thing on this planet.

Thankfully you have your boyfriend to take care of you...

~ Steve ~

Steve practically left his role as Captain America temporarily to become your personal nurse as soon as he found out you were ill.

Three days ago he was out on a mission, in the midst of helping Stark and Thor lift an SUV off of a child. Somewhere in the world where there was of course  strange alien things that just couldn't let the Avengers have a day off.

But when Helen called to tell Steve that you were very sick, and had came into the infirmary at the Avengers Tower...he left immediately. Stark assured him that him and the other Avengers had everything covered.

You're more important to Steve, than the world is. You're going to marry him. Yup.

Now it's been three days since he's taken care of you. And has yet to leave your side.

"Doll, let me take your temp, it's been 30 minutes since I last checked," your boyfriend wanders into the room, holding a cup of tea and in the other hand a thermometer.

You don't say anything, your throat hurts too much to speak. You just want to die, this is awful, how do people survive the flu?

Steve turns the corner of the bedroom, and frowns at your state, shivering, but sweaty, changed skin tone, your lips parted to let out steady breaths.

"Go away, Stevie, I'll get you sick too," You warn him with a croaky voice.

He gently slides the thermometer into your mouth, watching as the numbers got higher, "nice try, but I can't get sick, honey."

Envy is what you feel. You narrow your eyes at him, watching him crouch down in front your bedside.

"I hate you." You obviously are joking, coughing into a tissue, you feel jealous he doesn't know what this feels like.

"You love me." He whispers, and kisses your arm tucked under the pillow.

Placing a hand on your head, he waits for the thermometer to do its job. Quickly feeling your forehead to see how warm you were, he gently rubs his thumb against it.

After the thermometer beeps, Stevie sighs, "still pretty high, sweetheart, but not as high as it was yesterday. You'll be back to normal in no time."

He leans in to kiss your lips a few times as if nothing, and you can't believe he's not disgusted by your stuffy nose or your congested chest and the wet coughs coming from your mouth, that's just what makes him an angel.

~ Andy ~

Andy looks over at you, a crack in his heart as you breathe out through your mouth, he could hear how bad your nose was congested, you weren't breathing right. That worried him.