Save Me • Steve Rogers

Request #19: Can you do one where I'm a nurse working at a hospital and there's a bad car crash on the news that everyone is talking about...

Warnings: mentions of ambulance, accident, serious injuries, broken ribs, internal bleeding, hospital setting.

"Stevie, baby where are you?" You rub your hands together as you just applied lotion, the cool bitter breeze this fall in New York has been brutal on your sensitive skin. So by constantly applying hydrating lotion, your skin doesn't feel as rough.

Your boyfriend responds in a muffled kind of way, as if he had something in his mouth, you already had your scrubs on and your ID badge pinned onto the pocket, your crocs on and your bag prepped and ready to go and complete another 12 hour shift.

Being a nurse wasn't easy, but it has always been your dream to help people, especially by healing them when they were sick.

As a child you were in the hospital a lot because of your sibling who was always sick, so naturally you always wanted to help people the way the doctors and nurses did to your sibling.

"In here baby, just looking for...ah! Found it." Steve plucks out his blue jacket from his closet, sliding it on, "I'm going to miss you."

Steve pouts, he hates when you work 12 hour shifts, but he loves spending the days off you get. Cuddled in bed, sometimes naked cuddles other times in your most comfiest pair of pajamas.

Watching movies all day, and ordering take out. Laughing and connecting even more with your precious Steve Grant Rogers.

"Aw Stevie, these 12 hours will go by quickly," you slide your hands under his jacket. Stevie's narrow torso and large shoulders always make you feel small & dizzy because he's so tall and strong and dreamy.

You truly won the jackpot when you met Steve, because now he won't ever let you go. You're it for him, and you're obsessed with him.

Leaning down for a few bittersweet parting kisses, you pull in Steve closer to you by his waist and he holds your face - angling those sweet lips of yours to be able to kiss.

"I love you," you pull away giving him one of those perfect sincere smiles of yours.

"I love you more, baby," Steve taps your nose, "be careful out there."

"You too, please—"

"—wear my helmet and watch the traffic lights," Steve finishes for you, you're always reminding him to be safe especially on that motorcycle of his. It makes you nervous when he rides.

Steve is safe when he drives, he's taken you on plenty of rides, and he's always responsible and respectful of other drivers and the city laws.

"We're still going out with Tony and them right?" Your boyfriend wonders if the ski trip to Wyoming is still on. You're taking off three days after this 12 hour shift and your friends planned a getaway to see snowy slopes.

And of course you're going to take advantage of spending time with your boyfriend and your amazing group of friends.

"Of course," you squeeze his bicep, "when I get home I'll take a nap before our flight and I'll be good to go."

Steve gives you a look—a worried one—he hates when you're overworked. Or when you don't slow down and take care of yourself.

"Steveee!" You whine playfully, "I'll be fine. I'll call you later on my break," kissing his cheek gently as you walked away.

Your boyfriend doesn't miss the opportunity to slap your butt especially in those nurse pants. Whew. Did your ass look phenomenal in those.