Icing • CE

Request #18: I have a request for your one shots, my birthday is December 6th and as I'm used to, no one really remember my birthday. You can use any Chris' characters or Chris himself.

I wish the happiest of birthdays to my dear friend, happy birthday Alicia, this special request is for you and I wrote it with much love. ❤️ aces_vbrt

Holding your tears back, you turn your car off, grabbing your things and stepping out the driver door.

It seemed everyone forgot, it seems everyone does not know what kind of day today was. It was a very special day, and you were going to be your number one supporter, because there's simply no one else who was doing it.

Not even Chris, he didn't even mention it this morning before you each left for work, nor did he acknowledge why you stormed off angrily and left for work 20 minutes early.

Entering your shared apartment with your boyfriend, you wipe the tears off your face. And replay the plan you constructed in your head, ease your mind by baking some cupcakes and watching your favorite movie - alone.

You don't care how many times Chris will apologize, you just want to be left alone and enjoy the little that is left of your birthday.

You do the same routine as you've done since you and Chris both moved in this place, right near the city, and since he's closer to his job he loved this place and snatched it up quick for both you and him.

You put your keys on the hook, and place your work bag on the chair, sliding on your home slippers and tightening the cardigan you were wearing tighter around you - you step towards the kitchen to make your tea.

Maybe that will calm you down, another idea jumps into your head - what if you order in some of your favorite food?

Yes, that sounds great. Chris shouldn't be home until much later, and you do remember when he said he wouldn't be back until very late tonight - meaning he forgot.

Sighing, you take your favorite kind of tea out of the box, placing two packets on the counter, since it was a bit after 5pm it was very dark outside, it was very chilly. Pouring some water into your mug, you carefully place it into the microwave.

Enjoying the silence, you soak it in, because when Chris comes you won't really want to speak with him, or at all. You just need to relax and decompress.

The silence is nice, until you hear something move, as if the coffee table had slid against the hardwood floors being pushed by someone.

Chris does it all the time when he wants to rearrange the living room, the only problem is you're home alone. 

Taking light steps outside the kitchen, to look over at the living room you are met with a normal looking apartment.

Chris's hoodie slouched against the sofa, his slippers near the door too and one of his hats on the TV stand. 

You can see those items through the darkness, because they've been there since Sunday, and it was now Wednesday. Chrissy tends to be a bit messy and you do find yourself picking up after him a few times a day.

The microwave has 8 seconds on it left when you return to the kitchen area, taking a deep breath you wait for it to stop.

6...5....4...3...2...

"SURPRISE!"

In the blink of an eye the lights turn on, and suddenly multiple voices are heard in your apartment, you scream in fear, shutting your eyes in pure shock.

The beeping from the microwave mends in with the surprise shouting.

A pair of arms wrap around you, and a familiar laugh echoes in your ears. Your favorite laugh.

Opening your eyes you blink your boyfriend into view, "Chris?" You ask out loud, what the hell was going on.

He's too tall for you to see around him, his chest and head taking up all your sight. He smelled very good, and he cleaned up - he wasn't wearing his casual hoodie or shorts, but a nice button up shirt and fancy pants.

"Happy Birthday, baby," Chris kisses you, he can't stop smiling at your shocked face. He really got you today.

Moving out of the way, you see a lot of your co-workers, friends, family, everyone you've ever known seemed to be in your apartment.

"Chris," you frown on the verge of tears and hug him, everyone smiling and 'awwing' as you did, you thought they had all forgotten what December 6th meant.

Kissing the top of your head, he rubs your arm, "it's okay, baby, we didn't forget. We could never forget."

Chris had bought all your favorite things, as he took the sheer cover off it from the dining table, you didn't even realize all those things were on there, being stuck in your head about today probably clouded your sight.

You smile at all your favorite kinds of foods and snacks scattered around the table, a beautifully decorated cake with your name on it in the middle, photos of you and Chris along with your family and friends placed on the table on top of confetti.

"I can't wait to give you this," Chris hands you an envelope, "I need you to open it because I'm dying on the inside for you to open it."

Receiving the envelope under the watchful eye of everyone, you carefully tear it open, and with shaky hands you take out the slip of paper, scanning the information on the paper you read slowly, Chris rests his hand on your waist while you read.

"Chris...we're going to Icing?" You can't help but ask, even though your question is proven to be correct due to the information on the airplane ticket.

Icing was a wintery resort, where the most beautiful winter sights were; sky-tall mountains covered in snow, gray skies, snow covered ground. The place where you needed the full gear; hat, gloves, double pants, heavy coat - that's what you love about this time of year. Icing is also one of the only places snowflakes have been proven to fall.

"Since your favorite season is winter, baby, well, I'm taking you right into the heart of it." Chris explains, if it were up to him he'd leave with you right now. But he wanted you to spend your birthday with people who matter.

But as soon as the sun rises tomorrow, and after he feeds you your birthday cake, gives you plenty more birthday kisses AND after he gives you all your birthday gifts, including the very special one he had in store (just for the two of you alone...) he would be enjoying the rest of the week with you in the most magical place.

His special, beautiful birthday girl. He loved you so much, and he wanted the best for you, kissing your lips once more despite you still being in shock, you are so grateful for him...

And he's grateful for you, his sweet girl.

A/N🌈:

Another completed request for another beautiful reader 💐✨

I am still doing my best to try and upload if not one, but two requests per week, just please bear with me 🙏🏼 I appreciate the patience of everyone who has sent requests. 🩷

Happy Birthday honey 💕, I did my research for this request, I looked up your time zone and even the weather in your area to really make it feel realistic 🎂💋💐 sending you a big hug!