A Patriotic Meet Cute • CE

Request #8: this request was sent to me as a voice note, but the summary of the request was you are Stella's kindergarten teacher, friends with Carly her mother, it's 4th of July 2015 and you meet Carly's hot brother at the BBQ!

🌊🌻☀️⛱️~ Summer of 2015 ~ ☀️🌻🌊⛱️

"Bye Ms.Y/l/n!" Your students shout loudly as they all run like crazy to their parents or caretakers.

"Bye, have a wonderful summer, sweeties!" You smile big, making sure you checked off the names of the students that were being picked up, underneath the ones taking the bus.

It was the last day of school, you have been teaching kindergarten for almost 2 years now and you love it so much.

They're such little angels, that you value and admire the position you're in to teach these angels.

Two tugs on your Jean dress make you look down as you clutch the attendance clipboard in your hand.

"Is my mommy here?" One of your students, sweet little Stella asks, looking around the crowd of parents, nervous she couldn't see her mom.

You perch on your toes to see way in the back, you don't see Carly anywhere.

"No sweetie, I'm sure she's on her way." You only had Stella and two other students left in order to head back into your classroom, pack up and head to your house.

You frown at Stella's little anxious face, probably worried no one was coming to get her, that they left her here.

So you put your hand on Stella's shoulder and let her cuddle into the side of your leg, the parents of the two other students came to pick up their child.

Slowly but surely teachers headed inside to get their things and enjoy their summer break with their husbands or families.

Stella and you watch as the last student (other than her) walked away holding their father's hand.

"Have a good summer, Y/n," Miss James smiles at you and heads inside, knowing she probably won't see you until late August where school opened back up.

And when teachers had to come in and arrange their classroom again with educational posters and do their best to make the classroom positive and fun for the kids.

"You as well!" You smile and nod as you watch her enter the school.

Just you and Stella out here on the blacktop. You'd wait a few more minutes, if no one showed you'd have to bring Stella in and wait with her in the main office.

It was very late June and, boy, were you feeling the heat here in Florida. You'd have to take Stella out of this blaring sun soon.

You shift your sunglasses back down to cover your eyes and sit on the bridge of your nose.

"Y/n?" Stella hums curiously to herself, "I thought your name was Miss Y/l/n."

You chuckle playfully at the cute little girl beside you, with her hair done in two pigtails twisted perfectly each into one curl.

Her baby face was so adorable, you loved your kinders so much, it was an honor to come and teach them everyday and laugh at their antics and bizarre and blunt sayings.

The other day Oliver, another one of your kinders, commented on the fact that you weren't wearing socks with your shoes.

"Oh sweetie that's because I'm wearing sandals, you don't wear sandals with socks."

"My dad wears sandals with socks. My mom says she might divorce him because he always comes home late." He bluntly said and skipped away to the classroom library.