The Power of History • Steve Rogers

Request #20: You have a history exam coming up and you're struggling with the prep, so you go and ask Steve. He accepts your offer and, as it happens, he's very helpful. After that moment, he always asks if you've got anymore history homework that you need help with, and when you say yes, he comes over to your room with snacks to help. After a while, the two of you start to build feelings for each other and, one day he asks you out and of course you jump at the offer.

rogerbarnesss ~ thank you for your patience! 📚

None of this stuff was entering your head. It's like reading a textbook in a foreign language. It doesn't make sense!

None of this crap made sense.

What the hell will the war from the 1940s do any good for you to know who was there, or when and where it happened?

It's in the past. It should've stayed there. There's no need for it in the 21st century.

According to your history professor, "those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it."

What the hell does that even mean?

"Here you go," the boy who's sat next to you since day one hands you a paper. Or rather a few of them.

"Oh. Thanks." You catch a glimpse of his blonde hair, and blue eyes staring into yours. He sure was cute...and smart. You're pretty sure his name is Steve.

The rest of the class were each handing down this same orange colored paper. You take the few remaining papers and hand it to the girl two seats away from you.

The hour and a half lecture goes by quickly today. You try to jot down as many notes as you can. Even if they didn't make sense, you'll try to make sense of them later.

The professor dismisses everyone and others around you begin to pick their stuff up and pack it all.

Clearing your throat, you see Steve had stopped to speak with his friend at the doorway. It seemed they were waiting for someone else.

Grabbing your backpack, you take a deep breath and march right over.

"You're Steve right?" You ask, hoping to god that you got his name right. From the brief memory you have of the professor calling his name during attendance.

Steve and his friend look at you, both very intrigued, Steve answers calmly and confident, "yeah, that's me."

"Nice to meet you," you offer a smile and your hand, he gives it a shake, "I'm Y/n."

"Yeah. Nice to meet you too," Steve smiles at your greeting, getting a good look at you, you were much prettier this up close. He gives your hand a gentle shake.

"Uh...well I'm just going to come out and say it." You sigh, holding your books to your side, Steve and his friend with brown hair give each other another look.

Probably exchanging some kind of silent best friend language.

"I suck at history, and I need to pass this upcoming exam or I'm going to fail this class...I was wondering and you can say no if you want to!" You put your hand up, trying to be convincing but not too pushy.

"Can you tutor me?"

It's been a week since you asked Steve to tutor you, and it's also been a week since he's said yes.

You both exchanged numbers that same day, and have been spending almost every day with each other. Sometimes at his dorm or your dorm room. But most times at the student center.