when you are with her you are thinking about me (🦌)

happens during the marauders 6th year.
slytherin reader
reader is a 5th year
angst ¿?
smut at the end
————————-
"come on y/n, come back here" right now you were being chased by James Potter, the guy who you (unfortunately) were in love with.
"I swear i didn't mean to hurt you!"

you were mad at James, he played with your feelings, and you weren't happy about it.

"it happened just a few times and it was a mistake!" now this made you stop. you? a mistake? you turned around and looked at him dead in the eyes, he stoped running a second before he could bump into you, eyes fixated on your face.

"what do you mean a mistake?!" you were beyond furious. how could he, after everything you did together, come here and tell you "it was a mistake"?
"i mean that i was just trying to take my mind off of lily. And you knew that, i told you."
"yeah and after you also told me that lily wasn't on your mind anymore"
" i was wrong ok?"
"ok"
"what?"
"ok. you want to play this game? let's play. you will regret this james, i'm telling you. and you know i'm never wrong"

after those words left your mouth james didn't know how to answer. he was scared, that's for sure, he was starting to regret his decision the second he processed what you had just said.
at this point he wasn't even sure he had feelings for lily, it was just that after years of trying to convince her to be with him, and her finally saying yes to going out with him, he thought he had it all. but being with lily wasn't as he thought it would be.

she was boring. never had time to actually hangout, only focusing on her studies (don't get me wrong it's important, but still) she never made time to be with him one on one; the only time they would see each other would be during meals, and for less than an hour in the common room at night. they didn't have classes together (lily got in advanced classes) and he really didn't feel the magic he thought he would feel.

he realized something: he imagined what he wanted in a relationship with lily, and not, what actually being with her would be like.

after you left james went back to his dorm feeling down, and all the noise his friends were making playing exploding snap wasn't helping.

"hey prongs wanna come and play?" asked sirius not noticing his friends sad face.
"now, now, pads don't go running to your boyfriend. only because you are losing doesn't mean you have to add a player to restart."
said remus who was winning big time, and didn't want to have to restart because of sirius being childish.
the first to notice james saddened expression was peter "hey mate, you alright there? you look kinda down"
" yeah just tiered, i had to study in the library with that one slytherin who has to tutor me."

"poor y/l/n i can only immagine what it's like to tutor you." said remus who had just placed down the last card without it exploding , to sirius dismay.

remus turned around now facing james said "i don't get where she gets the patience. i would of already hexed you into next year". sirius, after getting over his lost game said " i would pay all the galleons in the world to be tutored by that girl. have you seen her? she is one of the hottest girls in school. gidric only knows what i would do to her. next party that gets thrown in going to shag her! mark my words people."

this comment form sirius didn't help his mood, but instead of saying anything he went to sleep. it was still early around 7:30 p.m. but he wasn't in the mood for dinner, to see lily, or anyone really.
————————-
the world must work in weird ways because the weekend after you and james's fight, none other than the slytherins organized a party where all the houses where invited from 4th year up.