its been a long day without you my friends

this is about 6 years after the battle of hogwarts. you went to school with the marauders, lily ecc...
i got inspired by the head canon where ginny and harry go visit petunia and when she opens the door she thought it was james and lily; but since petunia is a little emotion-less bitch you will be the one to be all sad and shit. and again the dates and ages aren't right probably so yeah.

—————————-
it has been a few years since the battle at hogwarts, since y/n officially lost all her friends and her husband, sirius black,
she was reading a book having a cup of tea and listening to her favorite classical piece, when she heard a knock from the door;
putting down her book and turning down the volume of the music she went to the door to open it, once she did she felt her stomach drop and her head light:

standing in front of her she saw two people she thought she would never see again, she held tightly to the door frame, feeling tears starting to form in her eyes.

harry and ginny were confused as to why she was acting the way she was, but waited for her to say something, they thought y/n was surprised to see how much they had grown or something along those lines, what they didn't expect tho, was y/n saying:

"lily, james... did you come and get me?"

harry felt his heart drop to his stomach, he didn't understand why she was so shocked but he finally realized: y/n thought him and ginny were his parents; he felt bad for her, so he tried to respond as softly and nicely as he could

"y/n... it's harry and ginny"
y/n let out a little sad laugh, tears falling from her eyes, she rested her forehead on her door frame, feeling week in the knees:
"of course you are" she said almost bitterly barley above a whisper.

harry didn't know what to do so he waited for her to talk, to say something, or anything really .
tears were falling from her eyes, more and more spilling;
"y-you just... look so much like them.
you are so much like they used to be"
her voice cracked always more until she collapsed to the floor; at this point y/n was sobbing uncontrollably
"i miss them so much, i want them back, it's not fair. it's-its not right. they were supposed to be here, here with me! with remus! with sirius! with mary, marlene,alice,frank! it was supposed to be us until the end! not me until we meet again!"

harry and ginny went down and pick her up bringing her inside her own house.
harry felt bad, he thought that she would be happy to see them, not have a full on mental break down, ginny went to the kitchen to grab a glass of water while harry stayed with her in the living room.
he kneeled in front of her grabbing her hand
"y/n, are you ok?"
"of course i am james, why do you ask?" she answered with a sad and trembling smile, harry felt sad, he had no clue what to say so he just let her talk; that is when ginny came back for my he kitchen with a glass of water
"thank you lilly, always so thoughtful of your friends" y/n said just above a whisper.

ginny and harry looked at each other, harry felt it was wrong to keep y/n going with this idea that they were his parents, so once again he said "y/n, it's harry and ginny..."

"let me play family a little longer... please"
hearing the word family harry realized just how much they all meant to each other.
ginny had tears in her eyes, feeling sad, and knowing exactly what it felt like to lose family.

"just play along a little longer james, please"

harry didn't answer, just shook his head "yes",
signaling for her to go on.

not making eye contact and staring at her halls of water she said "so... how is it up there? must be nice right? how are sirius and remus? is mary ok? i have been wondering how marlene has been for a while now"

harry looked at ginny, who didn't know what to say, so he said what he thought was right.
"sirius is fine, misses you and all, remus mary and marlene are ok too... we miss you all immensely"
y/n let out a sad chuckle "i'm so sorry harry, making you hurt when i'm supposed to be the strong one, the adult and all"

"you know y/n, i'm 24 now"
for the first time since they entered the house y/n looked at them properly, finding lilly's green eyes looking back at her "you have grown into such a good locking young man, i would say that you look just like your father, ha, but i wouldn't know..."

harry knew what she meant, he was almost lost in thought when ginny nudged him with her foot, harry being crouched down in front of y/n who was sitting in an armchair; suddenly harry remembers why they were there in the first place, and he spoke up
"y/n..." "mhm" she replied, "ginny and i are here to tell you something", "go on" encouraged the older woman " me and ginny... we are pregnant!"
y/n looked first at harry and then at ginni back and forth, she stood up abruptly with a, small but noticeable, smile on her face "that's fantastic! oh i'm so exited for you two, they are going to be such a pretty child, with you two as parents, if you know what i mean" james interrupted her rambling with a chuckle "and we wanted to ask you one thing" said ginny "anything you two need! i still have some of your baby stuff harry you know?" harry and jinny looked at each other with wide smiles on their faces "we would like you to be the child's godmother, along with ron of course".

at this point y/n was almost jumping of joy "yes of course! i would be honored!"

—————-
idk how to end it so that is all you are going to get.
stay high lily flowers 🌬💞