slytherin vs gryffindor 💋

i know how competitive slytherin can be, being one, (i'm extremely proud of my house so leave me alone) i had this idea while reading a book from a gryffindor point of view where slytherin cheated on their game and honestly, i think it's pretty good, marlene x fem! reader, cuz we love our queen.  chaser reader.

———————-
you and the rest of the slytherin team were in the changing rooms, ready to win.
your capitan, regulus black, was silent along with the rest of the team, slytherins didn't usually get a pep talk before a game, they preferred silence to concentrate on the game ahead, and that is what was happening; everyone was going over their strategy in their head, they didn't necessarily need to know what the other person was thinking to know what to do; you all just kinda work together to win, everyone in their own way, and it almost always worked.

regulus stood up, looking at all of the team: "it's about to start, let's go".
once you were all positioned on your brooms ready to fly in the stadium regulus turned around and said one last thing "if you have to cheat there is only one rule: don't. get. caught."
he looked at you in the eye for a second longer than the rest and then he turned back around and flew in the pitch.

you flew high up going near your house stand to give them an high five.
you loved how much support they give you: with their faces painted, scarves flowing in the wind, smiles, and eyes full of life and joy.

regulus went and shuck the gryffindors captain, james potter, hand. you looked over the raven haired boys head to make eye contact with a certain blonde that was already looking at you from the other side of the pitch.
you almost didn't have time to register the whistle blowing that you dove in to catch the quaffle.

the ball was in your possession, you were quick to fly towards the hoops, the keeper noticing this, was fixated to look at you; he saw you going for the right hoop and dove for it. what he didn't expect tho was for you to pass the ball to an other chaser that he didn't notice, being so concentrated on you, who with the ball in hand did the motion to go for the left when in reality he gave it back to you who threw it in the middle one.
the keeper looked at the two of you shook, he had never seen this technique used by your team, it was completely out of slytherin style to work so much together.

remus lupin, the commentator looked just as shook, he didn't utter a word, until he realized that, well, he wasn't talking when that was his only job, so he went to say "uhm, yeah. 10 pints to the green team" he turned around to one of his friends and said "did that look like cheating to you? i mean, i bet they broke at least a rule?" lupin didn't even get to finish that mcgonogall said "no mr.lupin they made that point fair and square. now instead of commenting on the team, comment on the game" lupin looked at his teacher and said "of course professor, sorry minnie"

the game went on like this slytherin scoring a point and gryffindor being right behind them.
you were tired of this. you wanted to win; you had been in the quidditch pitch for more than an hour at that point, and you had enough, so seeing the perfect opportunity to win you took it.

regulus saw the snitch, witch meant that you were going to win, but what was a game without a little fun, right?
as regulus was starting to sneakily inch towards the snitch, you noticed james potter with a quaffle in his hands, you saw a chance and took it; you flew up to him, your right arm pushed flesh with his left, he turned around and looked at you with a look of confusion on his face, you smirked and grabbed his sleeve to push you both to the left, you pretended to fall of your broom but  at the last second you got ahold of it. you heard the coach blow the whistle while your team mates helped you to get back on your broom.

you see, from your point of view it looked like you were trying to pull james off his broom, but from the stands, it looked like james tried to push you off of yours.
james looked at you shook, just now realizing what you had done.
once you were all on the ground the taceher asked you both what happened, before james could talk you went first "you see professor i was just trying to take the quaffle from our gryffindor capitain here, but he thought it would be a good idea to push me off my broom! i caught myself just in time! look! i'm still shaking" you raised your hand and shook it just slightly, to make it look realistic. james was beyond himself "that's not true professor! i don't do anything! it was all her!" he said pointing at you. the professor looked between. you and him and then asked james "and how could she had done it potter? it was obvious you tried to push her off" marlene then decided it was a time to speak up "professor! james would never do anything remotely close to cheating! it must of been an accident!" the professor looked at her and said "accident or not a student almost fell from her brood from a high distance from the ground, he should of been more careful. that's a foul for gryffindor" the whole team groaned; the professor was about to blow their whistle agin until regulus spoke "is it a good time to tell you that i caught this?" in his hand the golden snitch, shining as bright as ever; the whole gryffindor team didn't know what to say, the professor looked just as surprised.