his return 🐾

the picture is the reader to sirius when he founds out she is married
—————-

you were sitting on the couch of your home in luton with your husband next to you.

your husband was a muggle while you were a witch: but he didn't need to know that

sometimes even you forgot you were a witch.

in the tv the news we're playing talking about some criminal that escaped prison. sirius black.

your husband turned to you and let out a chuckle "who would name their child sirius."
you looked back at the tv "someone who must really hate that child."
"i bet that he became a criminal only because his parents named him that"

if it were any ordinary criminal you would of laughed along your husband; but you knew who sirius black was, you were in love with him after all.

after he was arrested you believed like every one that he was a death eater and exposed your friends to voldemort and killed peter.

you were heartbroken after that halloween night, but after a year of self pity and hart break you decided to leave your old life behind, you decided that from then on you would live like a muggle.
and that is exactly what you did.
you got a job in a muggle bar and only hung out with muggles who had no clue of the existence of wizards, witches and of the magical world.

you met your now husband when you and your friends decided to have girls night in a bar.
after offering you a drink you and the man started talking and exchanged phone numbers.
after 4 years of dating he proposed; and you had a completely normal muggle wedding in church, with a beautiful reception afterwards.

you completely cut off all of magic in your life: locking it all away in your hagwarts trunk that sat, collecting dust, in your attic.

you thought you were never going to be involved in the magic world ever again.
but you were wronged by the world when you saw the face of your ex lover on the television screen.

you didn't know how the war was going, and truth be told, you don't want to know.
but seeing sirius in tv and muggle news papers made you worry.

you were lost in thought when you suddenly heard a knock on the door.
your husband was getting up from the couch but you were faster "don't worry honey, i wasn't even watching, i know you like to watch the news" he smiled at you with the most tender and caring smile that he reserved only for you. " thanks love."

you went to the door and what you saw in front of you shocked you to your core
"what do you think you are doing here black?"
"please let me in"

grabbing him by the sleeve you pulled him inside.
"you stay here i will call the police."
his eyes widened and he grabbed your arm
"no wait! im innocent! let me explain!"
you were about to reply when your husband suddenly spoke from the living room
"who was it honey?"
you turned towards the direction of the living room and answered him "just some kids pulling a prank sweetie!"
"how annoying. come here, i'm putting on a movie!"

sirius looked at you with pleading eyes, trying to not let you see his hart shattering when he heard his voice "i'm going to take a shower and i'll be right there with you!"

you were pushing sirius towards the stairs when your husband spoke again "i think i'll join you."

looking between sirius and the living room you answered before he could get up from the couch "honey i'm tired, i'm not in the mood."

"oh, ok love. but be quick, they are about to air the breakfast club!" you smiled towards the living room, think about your husband and your favorite movie; but you had bigger issues to deal with.

you ran upstairs with sirius by your side.
he would stare at all the pictures on the walls and forniture, trying to get a peek at every room you would pass by.

once in your bed room you pushed sirius in the bathroom, locking it, and turned on the shower so your husband wouldn't get suspicious.

"you have one minute."

in that one minute sirius explained everything, and even showed you the picture that was on the newspaper he carried with himself.

you still weren't sure if to believe him, you thought hard for a good minute
"wow"
was all you could mutter
after coming back to your senses you got a good lock at sirius and noticed how bad he looked
"get in the shower ."
he looked up at you
"what?"
"you look like shit, get in the shower and i will give you some clothes to wear."
without adding much you exited the bathroom going tawards yours and your husbands closet ti grab sirius some clothes.

you truly hoped that sirius would leave after the shower and the cloths.
you already faced too much magic in a day, and the only thing you wanted to do was get back to your normal life.

once you heard the shower turn off you entered the bathroom with a pair of sweats, underwear and a hoodie for siris to wear.

"after getting dressed get out of here as quickly as possible."
he grabbed the cloths in your hands and looked at you with puppy eyes
"sirius. my husband knows nothing about magic or the wizarding world. so if you could please leave quickly it would be much appreciated."

"how can you marry someone withoutj telling them a big part of your life?! your an auror right? how can he not be suspicious?!"

"i'm not an auror anymore sirius. i work in an office now. like a muggle. i live a completely magic free muggle life, if you must know."

"how about the war, your family your friends?! you just left them all behind?!"

you looked up at him
"yes. without turning back."
there was a beat of silence before you continued
"that life was destroying me from the inside out and i wasn't going to let that happen to me.
sirius, after you were imprisoned i passed a year questioning if i should of kept living or not; but after i decided to turn my life around everything changed, and i became happier, i actually enjoyed life! so even tho you are here now, i won't go back to fighting a war with a husband at home who doesn't even know that the war in question exists."

sirius wanted to cry. he had hoped for the years he passed in prison that you wouldn't find someone else. yet you did.
he kept going, hoping that one day he was going to come back to you and wrap you in his arms
and that shattered him even more than the 12 years in azkaban, knowing he couldn't hold you like he used to.
"i understand that."
was all he said before looking at you with expecting eyes
"what?"
"i need to change as quickly as possible, right?"
you nodded and exited the bathroom.
you were overwhelmed by all the information and events of that night so with one last knock on the door you spoke:
"i'm going down stairs so he doesn't get suspicious, leave from the back door and transform as soon as you are out in the streets."
from inside of the bathroom sirius felt his heart shatter even more; you didn't want to give him a proper goodbye.

you were heading back to the living room when you turned around one last time
"oh, and sirius"
"yeah?"
"don't tell anyone you came here."
—————-
whenever there are stories in witch siris escapes and goes back to the reader, the reader is always single, not being able to move on from him, but i thought it would be fun to write about a reader who actually moved on from him.

kk love you my star flowers 🌬💫