not frinends... yet (pt1) 🐾

i felt edgy today cuz i'm sick, not only physically but also mentally so im doing this not only to myself but to you too.
tw⚠️ self harm is mentioned and described in detail and smoking
in this i'm writing a little about my experience so don't go commenting "no it's not like this" this is my experience not yours, now read bitch 💞.
oh and hufflepuff reader cuz why not.
————————-
y/n was headed for the forbidden forest.
a lot of people would think that only crazy people would go to the forbidden forest at night because of how dangerous it's said to be;
but y/n didn't see it. she didn't understand why people thought it was so scary, honestly she never saw or heard anything suspicious coming from the forest, except the occasional little creatures roaming it, but again, nothing fatal.

she went there when she needed to feel free of doing what she had the urge to do, she knew it wasn't healthy, or normal, in fact, she knew she wasn't; but she didn't care, it helped her, watching the blade go across her skin, the slight burn, the blood, it helped her calm down. she didn't know why, but it did, it was relaxing, it made her feel higher then when she smoked some plant she and her friends would find in the green house.

she went deeper and deeper in the forest, purposely making noise with her feet to scare away any animal that could be near her, and to make her feel safer; she preferred to hear the sound of branches and leafs crunch under her feet then the eerie silence that consumed the forest .

she found herself a good spot to sit down near a tree, with her foot she nudged leaves and branches that were in between the superficial roots of the plant, and plopped herself down on the floor.

she made herself a ritual: she would light herself a well deserved cigarette, smoke it as quickly as possible to feel the effects more efficiently and then do it.

she got her packet out of her pocket and with a snap her fingers it was lit.
she smoked the cigarette quickly, inhaling deeply, keeping the smoke in her lungs as much as she could and then she exhaled.
once she finished the cigarette she burned the bit of it, not wanting to leave any traces, and got out her blade: it was a sharpener blade, in hagwarts they didn't use penciled so being a muggle born had its perks sometimes.

she lifted up her sleeve to reveal her right forearm, littered with not completely healed cuts from the night before and scars, ready, she made the first cut, then an other, and an other. she went on to her hearts content, she was almost done, until she heard a sound coming from her left, the only source of light being the almost full moon. she didn't think anything of it until she was done.

once she was finished she put her blade back into a tissue where she kept it hidden and stared at her arm, she liked to look at the blood coming out, sometimes she would smudge it with her finger to coat almost her entire forearm with the thick, red, liquid.

she was so concentrated on her arm, that when she heard an other sound coming from the darkness she nearly missed it.
turning around to check what it was, she wasn't expecting a big, black dog looking at her .
she wasn't really a dog person, or a cat person for that matter, she wasn't an animal person in general, but if she saw a cute dog of course she would try to pet it.

she looked the dog right in the eyes and with a low voice, not wanting to scare the animal, she called it for it "hey doggy, wanna come here?" "yeah? wanna be petted?"
the dog came closer, and y/n without thinking twice started petting the dog with her left arm, the dog seemed to be enjoying himself.
she was surprised there was a dog, she figured that it was from hogsmede, considering that students weren't allowed to keep pets that weren't toads, cats and owls; and even if someone tried to sneak a dog in they wouldn't succeed, especially with a dog as big as this one.

the dog was licking y/ns hand.

sirius was happy to find someone to pet him other than his friends; he was tired of peter barely touching him, james just ruffling his head quickly, and remus who didn't even try.

he was enjoying himself so much, that he didn't notice the girls almost completely red arm; not noticing this he put his paw on her arm, but immediately retired it when he heard her hiss in pain; looking back at her arm he saw all the cuts leaking blood, some were drowning in it and some just had a few red dots coming out of it.
sirius was shocked to see the girls arm who was now muttering under her breath "fuck, i hope it doesn't get infected, i mean, no offense buddy but a dogs paws who has been walking in a forest full of durt, and only holga-knows where, isn't exactly sanitary"

sirius felt guilty for not noticing, but most importantly sad that someone had to do those things to themselves.

he really didn't want to do what he did next, but it was the only way of helping her, after all, he knew that dog saliva had some sort of healing properties; so he licked her arm, over and over, until there were just some red cuts remaining.

sirius looked at the girl he had only seen a cupule of times in potions and charms and felt bad for her, he never really stopped to look at her in the last 6 years they spent together, but when he did she looked normal, happy; he would of never expected someone to do what she was doing to herself.

once he was done licking her clean (your mind is in the gutter just as much as mine) he tried to muzzle his head in her neck, and she allowed him for barley a second before she looked at her watch. "oh dear it's so late! i'm sorry buddy, but maybe we will se each other again!"
she exclaimed before running back to the castle.

sirius was left in the forest. not knowing what to do; what could he do? he wasn't friends with her. hell, they never even talked!
but he was determined to help the poor girl form hufflepuff as best as he could.

once he went back to his dorm room he found remus on his bed reading a book with a wet cloth on his forehead, it was almost a full moon and the summer approaching quickly wasn't helping; james was sitting on the floor golden snitch in hand, almost playing catch with it, he let it go just to re-grab it a second later; and peter was on his bed eating cookies, that sirius guessed he stole from the kitchens.

"hey mate, where have you been pads?" asked james as soon as he saw sirius enter his room "not much prongs, just a stroll in the forest"
"cool" said james "anything interesting?" asked james, "yeah, actually..." answered sirius "uhm. do you know that hufflepuff girl that we have potions with remus?" remus looked up from his book with a puzzled look on his face "there are many hufflepuff s in our potions class pads, you are going to have to be more specific" sirius thought how he would describe you "well, uhm, h/c hair, e/c eyes, as tall as me"
"alex?"
"no i'm pretty sure... uhm it started with (your initial) "
"oh, uhm, y/n?"
"yeah i think that's it!"
said sirius getting exited to know your name
"and what about her?" asked peter who just finished his cookies
"nothing wormie, just saw her in the forest is all"
"is all?! that place is scary!" said peter with a frightened look on his face.
"yeah, that's why i was surprised to see her" responded sirius.
"what was she doing there anyways?" asked james.
"just a stroll in the forest, nothing much. i was just surprised to see someone there."
"i would be too. i wouldn't put feet in the forest if it weren't for moony" said peter looking a remus quickly who gave him a small smile of appreciation.

"anyways, in kinda tired. might go to bed"
"good night pad's" said james
"knight mate" went on remus, and peter just finished of with a "good night sirius".

that night sirius went to bed thinking about the poor hufflepuff girl, and what he could do to help her.
it was going to be hard, considering they weren't friends... yet.
——————-
if you want a part two pls do tell, or don't, i'm going to write one anyways, i have been working on this for 3 days now and honestly it's getting quite lengthy, so i'm going to post this first and i'm going to start working on part 2.

stay high flower lillys 🌬💞