18 ◈ Postbellum

Removing the silver revolver from his holster, Seungmin quickly unloaded the bullets from the chamber and dumped them in a velvet jewelry box he slid away in the drawer of his temporary nightstand. Movements trained, meticulous, repeated time and time again in a robotic perfection oiled at the joints. Next moving to set the cold metal away in it's case he stored underneath the piles of clothes he slotted for safe keeping under the frame of the unfamiliar bed, ensuring the hard protection was locked up securely. Ensuring no one in the apartment, Minho or otherwise, could steal the revolver for their own diabolical uses. Eventually coming to undo the concealed holster from around his waist and setting it alongside the case. Hiding both of their traces with an old sweater.

The thing is, it probably isn't a good idea to take it with me this time.

Seungmin stood up with a huff, taking a few steps back to check it couldn't be seen.

There's security, and lots of eyes around me there. If I pulled my revolver in a public space, even as someone in law enforcement. It would cause more problems than solve them.

And I don't...

The human glanced down to his hand. Mimicking the pull of a trigger against his finger. The familiar weight drawing hard against his joints as he remembered, as his trembling nerves sung softly against the dripping cold which seeped into him.

I don't know if...

"Hey... Seungmin?"

The human dropped his hand, immediately whipping around to the head that poked into the guest room.

"Hey, I want to ask you something," Jeongin timidly quirked a lip up, steps close and scooting along as he turned and closed the door behind him. Encasing them inside the painted walls of the now typical room. Closing them off from the other vampires Seungmin knew were waiting in the living space since earlier that day, before his tiny draw of the shoulders tipping him inward and the tapping of his knuckles against one another carried him across to the human. Shuffles careful, making sure not to step on the messy futon or the various belongings scattered around the place. Jeongin fumbled with his hand as he approached, "Minho, he's... You know. I don't, know how to ask."

Seungmin narrowed his eyes, watching the younger's mannerisms carefully. Squaring himself off as his muscles went rigid at the closeness of the other. Each firing nerve not allowing him to forget he was alone in the room, with a vampire he didn't exactly believe or trust in. Especially not after their most recent excursion in the night; The unknown shadows which crawled only heightening suspicion toward any one of the potential culprits. If the potential culprit behind the Mimic was for certain one of the four vampires he and Minho were acquainted with.

That suspicion only increasing when he spotted a mark on the inside of the younger's eyelid. An injury he earned a few years ago after tripping down the front stairwell at the academy's old dorms and landing face-first on the ground. His nail having nicked the skin when he tried to brace his fall. An accident Seungmin happened to be the witness of, and the cause of, while he was passing by and the younger wanted to catch up to him.

Either way, it didn't clear nor confirm him as the Mimic.

There were certain details that didn't line up, not entirely.

The younger continued to hit his knuckles together, eyes darting everywhere in the room as his words seemed to hesitate. Those motions continuing in their clunky, awkward ways, as if the boy's body didn't entirely understand how to make those movements fluid against the rest of him. He fumbled with his fingers, starting to pull at the skin on the back of his hand as he bit his lip and wondered, "Is he... Open?"