28 ◈ Crown of Thorns

Seungmin narrowly avoided the vampires wandering around Felix's apartment. Ensuring his head stayed tilted down to not make unwanted eye contact with any of the other four, including Minho who was busy sitting and chatting quietly with an overly smiley Jeongin when he passed through the living room. Staring down at the glass of water in his hands as he passed through in efforts to announce he didn't want to interact with any of them. To blatantly yell out that he wished to be left alone to his own thoughts, his own numbed mind, his own floating island isolated from the rest of the spinning world. To silently blurt he didn't wish to speak as he sipped at the cool liquid washing down any remaining locks clogging up his throat.

He tried to escape to the guest room, prepared to disappear through the open threshold when an hand gently looped around his arm and pulled him back.

His heart flinched.

With a scowl, he whipped around, prepared to send his fist into wherever was touching him.

Only for Changbin to settle against the wall by the guest room, taking care to not knock off any of the various paintings hung in the apartment as he angled back. Spine pressing into the surface behind him as his legs crossed over, the tender hold on his arm rubbing circles to permit him to relax as he pulled the human in front of him. The throbbing of his heart which always seemed to have it's own mind despite begs to listen to his reasoning easing into subtle pulses. Aches that yearned for the vampire's hands folding over his chest. Readjusting the shift of weight he had as he wondered, "Everything okay, Seungmin?"

The human choked down the slight clenching of his throat. The tightening of his muscles strangling him into a silence as he looked over the other. Taking in the soft flutter to his eyes, the looseness in his jaw as the human sensed his gaze trailing over him through gentle sighs falling him into the support behind. The outfit he wore too; High top converse and a set of jeans that framed his built body well, the black T-shirt with a design in English lettering Seungmin didn'tt care to read, it's sleeves folded and rolled up to his shoulder to show off his muscular arms. The human briefly remembered Chan, who was currently cuddling with Pants on the floor, saying something about his arms looking bulkier than before.

He's sleeveless,

Seungmin scanned over the bare arms again. Taking a moment to stare at the flexing muscles folded over one another, the near perfect skin like smooth marble of a carved statue in a museum.

But there's no bite mark on him. 

Even if he wished for himself to shift away from the potential suspect, he couldn't. He couldn't escape the gentle singing in his heart and the painful ache which perplexed him above all else. A sensation far different from the queasiness Hyunjin injected into him, yet all the same. A kind of lullaby from his heart rocking a tenderness into him, but a stabbing from his mind to run away. To get away from the rotten things consuming him whole. Knowing that if Changbin was indeed behind the bone of the Mimic mask, he would be ripped apart again, bit by bit, by his own mind, by his own throbbing swells choking him, stepping on his throat as he tried to crawl away from that awful feeling.

"You look preoccupied," Changbin murmured to him, voice falling into a faint whisper as he leaned to the human. The slight shift, although he wanted to flinch away, wanted to run into the guest room to never be touched again by the foul workings of the machine this cruel fucking world was, only causing Seungmin to fall closer to him too. Only causing him to root down into the void, grip on the glass of water coming tighter when Changbin spoke to him with that beautiful voice, "Is there something on your mind?"

Far different.

A voice that was hypnotic but not...

Not toxic.